"Any TM" function in Language Cloud

Hi!

Is it possible in Language Cloud to associate a TM with different language flavors?

I need to create several projects from English into German, and I have to associate to each project both EN-DE(CH) and EN-DE(DE) TMs - depending on the project, one or the other needs to be selected for update, but for lookup and concordance search they have to be both active.

In Trados Studio there is the option "Any TM", and it works perfectly with File-based TMs, (honestly, I could no make it work with LC-based translation memories...) however, I need to find such feature in LC, not in Studio.
Parents
  • In LC the TM can be configured with as many language pairs as you need. Each pair is specific to language variants so the EN-DE(CH) and EN-DE(DE) are kept seperate.

Right now there is no way to configure the system so that when translating EN-DE(CH) it first checks EN-DE(CH) if it doesn't find anything then it checks EN-DE(DE). (I understand this would normally be done by applying a penalty.)

One work around is to have two TMs...

1. Primary (Lookup first + update)
    2. Secondary (lookup with penalty + read only)

You then have to manually copy Primary EN-DE(CH) into Secondary EN-DE(DE).

I understand better support for this is on their roadmap but there is no timeline. It would be worth lobbying your account manager so they are aware it's important to you too.

• In LC the TM can be configured with as many language pairs as you need. Each pair is specific to language variants so the EN-DE(CH) and EN-DE(DE) are kept seperate.

Right now there is no way to configure the system so that when translating EN-DE(CH) it first checks EN-DE(CH) if it doesn't find anything then it checks EN-DE(DE). (I understand this would normally be done by applying a penalty.)

One work around is to have two TMs...

1. Primary (Lookup first + update)
    2. Secondary (lookup with penalty + read only)

You then have to manually copy Primary EN-DE(CH) into Secondary EN-DE(DE).

I understand better support for this is on their roadmap but there is no timeline. It would be worth lobbying your account manager so they are aware it's important to you too.

Children
No Data