Confidelity of translation using SDL Cloud Machine translation

Hi, I have a question about the confidelity of the text when using Cloud Machine Translation. Will my translations be picked up and used elswhere? i have a client that forbid my using SDL Cloud Machine translation because, as he says, I break the confidelity of clients texts. is that so? Please explain.
Best regards,
Beate

Parents
  • Two years later and this is still a very hot topic.

When I select Google MT API in SDL Trados Studio 2017, a popup warns me that I will breach confidentiality by using google MT.

However, looking at Google MT FAQ, it reads:

Does Google look at or use the text I send for translation?

Google will not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the service.

Will Google share the text I translate with others?

We will not make the content of the text that you translate available to the public, or share it with anyone else, except as necessary to provide the Translation API service. For example, sometimes we may need to use a third-party vendor to help us provide some aspect of our services, such as storage or transmission of data. We won’t share the text that you translate with any other parties, or make it public, for any other purpose.

This is more or less what SDL said about their MT service:

Is my content safe with Language Cloud Machine Translation?

With SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation you can rest assured that your content is safe. SDL guarantees that your data is not saved or used outside of the scope or timeframe that is necessary to provide you with the service.

I have been reluctant to use MT, even for PEMT. Confidentiality breach is a big issue, far more than rate discounts for PEMT as opposite to 100% human translation.

• Two years later and this is still a very hot topic.

When I select Google MT API in SDL Trados Studio 2017, a popup warns me that I will breach confidentiality by using google MT.

However, looking at Google MT FAQ, it reads:

Does Google look at or use the text I send for translation?

Google will not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the service.

Will Google share the text I translate with others?

We will not make the content of the text that you translate available to the public, or share it with anyone else, except as necessary to provide the Translation API service. For example, sometimes we may need to use a third-party vendor to help us provide some aspect of our services, such as storage or transmission of data. We won’t share the text that you translate with any other parties, or make it public, for any other purpose.

This is more or less what SDL said about their MT service:

Is my content safe with Language Cloud Machine Translation?

With SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation you can rest assured that your content is safe. SDL guarantees that your data is not saved or used outside of the scope or timeframe that is necessary to provide you with the service.

I have been reluctant to use MT, even for PEMT. Confidentiality breach is a big issue, far more than rate discounts for PEMT as opposite to 100% human translation.

Children