Publishing Issue with a specialized DITA Topic - did we miss something?

Hi,

We are trying to introduce a specialized topic type into our content for the first time (our own, not from the DITA standards).   The root element is "unitTopic".   We've provided the specializations in the DocTypes directory and everything is working on the authoring side in Oxygen.

But, when we publish, any of these specialized topics get replaced with:

<topic id="ERRORMAP"> <title>Object Missing</title> <body> <section> <p>This object is not available in the repository.</p> </section> </body> </topic>

I've poked around in the files that get pulled down and published, and found that these specialized topics are not actually making it into the workset for publishing.  

Also, in the .report.xml file that is within the workset directory, the GUID in question has a status of "object-not-saved":

<object-report ishtype="ISHModule" ishlogicalref="2644943" ishversionref="2644944" ishlngref="2644945" ishref="GUID-A04E7EC0-A608-4AAD-8FC1-5D2539582414" object-title="TestUnitTopic" lng="en" status="object-not-saved" defined-in-baseline="no" version="1" objectstatus="Prep"/>

Anyone else go through this and encounter this issue?   Is there a configuration step that might have been missed in providing this new specialization? Or can this be traced to a problem elsewhere in the specialization?   (If relevant, we're still on LiveContent Architect 2016)

Thanks,
Scott

• Hi Scott,

You are definitely missing configuration steps. The system can handle other Doc types, proprietary and other standards. This does however require some extensive analysis of that DocType on how link management is done, configure it in Publication Manager, etc to just name few.

I'm afraid this is not something we can clear out in a forum thread, so my advice would be to reach out to Profesional Services (PS).

-Dave

PS: Don't get me started on the renames...but to my knowledge we never released LiveContent Architect 2016, so it is either LiveContent Architect 2014 or Knowledge Center 2016 :-)

• Hi, Scott,

Did you add your specialized topic type to the DMODULETYPE LOV? That's the only other thing I can think of in addition to what Dave had to say about the DocTypes folders. We have a specialized topic in our environment, "Diagnostic". There's really nothing "special" about our environment that I can think of besides those things. (Obviously it's not the OT, since your workset isn't making it that far, although you might have to eventually address that once your unitTopic is getting exported along with all the other objects.)

DMODULETYPE

Element Values Description
    VMODULETYPECONCEPT Concept Concept
    VMODULETYPEDIAGNOSTIC Diagnostic Diagnostic
    VMODULETYPEREFERENCE Reference Reference
    VMODULETYPETASK Task Task
    VMODULETYPETOPIC Topic Topic