Adding Taxonomy to SDL

I want to reach out to the community and ask if anyone out there has added Taxonomy?

Did you re-task any existing metadata fields for this purpose, or did you add new ones for this purpose?

Also did you use the out of the box taxonomy adapter (plugin) and if so what Taxonomy database might you have used to feed the Taxonomy fields.?

I want to reach out to the community and ask if anyone out there has added Taxonomy?

Did you re-task any existing SDL List of Values fields for this purpose, or did you only add new ones for this purpose?

If you re-tasked, what did you do with existing List of Values fields?

As an example, we have a Product field in our list of values. We are using that existing Product field to populate our PDF cover pages during the publishing process. We would like to put Product in our taxonomy, and connect to SDL, but we are not sure what to do with the existing Product field, and how it will impact our publishing process.

Also did you use the out of the box taxonomy adapter (plugin) and if so what Taxonomy database might you have used to feed the Taxonomy fields.?

Parents
  • Hi Andy.  Just wanted to confirm you are asking about Tridion Sites (formerly named SDL Web), and not another SDL product?  Tridion Sites does not have an OOTB taxonomy adapter, although the editorial client does allow a content editor to use categories and keywords to tag website content with user defined metadata.
    https://docs.sdl.com/783502/732985/sdl-tridion-sites-9-1/metadata-and-keywords

Best regards, Terry

• Actually I was referring to Knowledge Center 2016 with the Service Packs using both the web component  (Content Manager) and the windows application as the clients which we will be upgrading to Docs 14 later this year.  The plugin (or handler I was referring to is the metadata binding handler referred to in the SDL documentation.)  We have done some experimenting with this setup but was looking for added feed back from other customers.

• Actually I was referring to Knowledge Center 2016 with the Service Packs using both the web component  (Content Manager) and the windows application as the clients which we will be upgrading to Docs 14 later this year.  The plugin (or handler I was referring to is the metadata binding handler referred to in the SDL documentation.)  We have done some experimenting with this setup but was looking for added feed back from other customers.

Children