is there a resource file for PathFinder?

Depending on which system I log into I get a variety of initial window sizes for PathFinder/xzplorer.  I'd like a xywyg or sdedit type file that sets this size/position

Parents Reply
  • Hi Chris,

OK, so that's two customers now.  [^o)]

You also should open up a Case with Customer Support. You might want to reference XPP-2409 (internal issue number arising from our QA testing).

There was a problem found (on Windows) where if the user logged out while PathFinder (or XyAdmin) was still running, then bogus size/position values were being written out to the registry and causing something like the symptoms you have described (the next time the user logged in and started these programs).

With XPP-2409 we tried our best to address this.

Unfortunately the problem was being caused by something out of our control (either Windows itself or third-party wxWidgets code that is the framework for PathFinder/XyAdmin). So we addressed it by checking for "sane" size/position values and using default size/position values if needed.

I've seen both your subsequent posts where you indicate you are using the 9.1.1.0 release.

Via a Case with Customer Support you should be able to get a 9.1.2.0 hotfix for PathFinder (xzplorer) and XyAdmin (xyadmin) - and I'm hopeful that it would be an improvement.

Children