How to generate the external link as action to a bookmark in the pdf using Direct to PDF option

I need the external link as an action to a bookmark in the pdf. I am able to achieve it by using <:pdfs;GEN....> xymacro but this macro is not supported in Direct to PDF. Can anybody help me to generate the external link as an action to a bookmark in the pdf using Direct to PDF option.

Screenshot of a PDF document in Trados Studio with the Bookmarks panel open, showing bookmarks for Statement of Additional Information, Summary Prospectus, and Table of Contents.

Thanks!

Shahnawaz 

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:13 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • You would have to use "CSS", if for nothing else than the ability to specify the -xpp-pdf-bookmark property. There is no other way to do this with Direct to PDF (divpdf). And if not using CSS mode, you would have to at least be using XML mode.

You can specify with the -pdfmark and -pdfuacss options (XPP 9.3) a CSS file to use to do "bookmarks", even if using XML mode.

Unfortunately, with the XPP 9.3 release the ability to do "bookmarks" this way is tied to doing PDF/UA (i.e. doing 'divpdf -pdfua ...'). And that means that you would have to craft a CSS file that also does PDF/UA "tagging", meaning that you would have to specify PDF/UA tags for all of your elements.

However, with the upcoming XPP 9.4 release the ability to do "bookmarks" (only) has been separated from doing PDF/UA (there will be a new -pdfba option, standing for "Bookmarks and Annotations only", and a new -pdfcss option for specifying the name of the CSS file to use).

Jonathan Dagresta
    SDL XPP Engineering

Children