How to generate the external link as action to a bookmark in the pdf using Direct to PDF option

I need the external link as an action to a bookmark in the pdf. I am able to achieve it by using <:pdfs;GEN....> xymacro but this macro is not supported in Direct to PDF. Can anybody help me to generate the external link as an action to a bookmark in the pdf using Direct to PDF option.

Screenshot of a PDF document in Trados Studio with the Bookmarks panel open, showing bookmarks for Statement of Additional Information, Summary Prospectus, and Table of Contents.

Thanks!

Shahnawaz 

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:13 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Shahnawaz,

There is no more need to transform your pdf marks into the incoming data.

Like Jonathan said, now you can create your pdf bookmarks and links using a supplementary CSS style sheet, even if you are using IF based specs. The only requirement is that the incoming data is XML.
    (see chapter 8 of the "PDF support in XPP" manual)
    I can tell you from personal experience that this new method is a lot easier that using pdf marks.

And yes, you have to set the -pdfua and -pdfuacss options at output time.
    The -pdfmark option is optional just in case you still have some other traditional pdf marks in your file.
    I do not think that you can mix traditional based pdf marks creating bookmarks with CSS based bookmarks.(but I could be wrong).

You do not have to worry about "tagging" all your elements as Jonathan told you to do.
    It simply works without the need to provide PDF/UA tags for all your elements.
    I think that XPP will just put an open and close Document PDF tag around everything.
    (of course the result will not be a valid tagged PDF)

Just give it a try...good luck.
    (maybe you want to start experimenting with something small to avoid conflicts with existing PDF marks that you are already using)

Children