Dotted underlines

We have client where their documents require certain words/sentences have dotted underlines.  To my knowledge this isn't something that XPP can do.  The only thing we could think of is somehow try to use the leader fill macro, but this approach would be problematic as many of the underlines span several lines.  Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • Hmm that might be a challenge.

Depending on circumstances frills processing might be the answer in which you draw the dotted lines in a frill block.
    The problem with a frills processing solution is that there is no way to mark a spot within a line.
    Which means one can easily find the vertical position of a marked spot but not its horizontal position. (I feel a new wishlist item coming up...)
    Now if the line is not justified, then you could store that spot during regular compose using xyperl.
    But if the line is justified, you can not do that as the value of the spaceband is not known. 

So within certain limits frills processing could be the answer.

Another rather crazy idea would be to use the <pt> macro and define your own pattern that is a dotted line.
    But that might run into other trouble as the pattern gets repeated and I do not know what is the vertical size of a single pattern block.
    Plus this will probably get you into trouble when you want to use the new direct PDF output.

• I would play with <lf> macro, %lnwidth and baseline position.
    Made a quick test, could work...
Reply Children
No Data