Detecting language please wait for.......
since moving from XPP 8.4 to XPP 9.0 we've been getting the above RLM licence error. We've been working with SDL support and Reprise but so far have no fix and we were wondering if anyone has experienced this?
We've confirmed that there are no other processes using the same port or any conflicts and nothing changed apart from the move from XPP 8.4 to 9.0 (inc relevant 3rd party apps). We've been given the RLM.exe version 11, which fixes a known issue in regards to port scanning but this didn't make any difference.
There originally seemed to be a pattern with this issue occurring primarily on Mondays despite nothing being different in terms of scheduled tasks, errors or applications but we have also seen it occur on other days as well.So, is it just us or has anyone else seen this issue?
At STCC/Italy I am having exactly the same problem.
We have an open ticket for this: 00088758And just by accident this morning I requested an update on this long standing problem.(of course this will look a bit suspicious in combination with your post...[:D])(lets just keep it on "great minds think alike" for the moment)
We also tried the port thing and the new version fo the rlm.exe but the problem still remains.And also the problem seemed to occur somewhere at the start of the month and had a preference for weekends (very annoying that is).But for the moment we do not have a real solution for this problem.The workaround we installed is a script that runs continuously on the server and checks every minute or so if the license manager is still responding.When there is no response, the script will restart the license manager and send an email to the administrator.Works great.With emails that were send, we were hoping to detect a pattern or reason, but so far no luck...
BTW, you probably want to post this question in the XyUser Group Forum as there are more listeners there than there are here!
I will gladly copy my answer over there as well...