Product Updates: SDL Managed Translation 17.11

Dear Community,

I would like to notify you of two new releases we have planned for SDL Managed Translation over the next couple of weeks. 

Managed Translation 17.11.1: Deployment to Production scheduled for Thursday 16th November
  • Data Export Enhancements: A number of additional fields will be included in the Managed Translation Data Export, as requested by our customers. The new fields, listed below for reference, will be available through both the XLSX export and via the oData Business Intelligence feed
    • Provider Project ID
    • Project Authorized Date
    • Estimated Duration
    • Estimated Delivery Date
    • Cost Model Name
    • Provider Task ID
    • Workflow Step
    • File Format
Managed Translation 17.11.2: Deployment to Production estimated for Thursday 30th November
  • Project Templates: Project templates will transform the way users create new projects in Managed Translation. Rather than creating a new project from scratch every time, users can define templates to store common project creation options such as language selections and attribute fields. Project templates have been designed to not only simplify the project creation but also reduce the risk of human error.
  • Detailed Project Quotes: Users can now choose to receive detailed project quotes from Managed Translation providing a full breakdown of linguistic and cost information.
  • Enhanced Project Approval: Additional logic has been implemented to provide greater flexibility when configuring the user(s) able to approve projects in Managed Translation.

More information on the 17.11.2 features will be provided closer to the estimated release date of the 30th November. We will also publish a video on our Community YouTube channel in support of the project template feature to demonstrate the improved user experience during project creation. In the meantime, please get in touch with me via the Community if you have any questions relating to the new features.

Ian Parnell

Product Manager - SDL Managed Translation

Parents
  • Hello Everyone,

I would like to provide you all with an update on the next Managed Translation release.  

Given this will almost certainly be the last release before the end of 2017, we want to try and include as many of the new features we are working on as possible. We have therefore taken the decision to postpone the release until early December, with production deployment planned for Thursday, 7th December.

I'll be in touch with more details nearer the time. In the meantime, please watch out for a new video coming to our YouTube channel next week to demonstrate the new project template functionality.

Cheers,

Ian

Comment
  • Hello Everyone,

I would like to provide you all with an update on the next Managed Translation release.  

Given this will almost certainly be the last release before the end of 2017, we want to try and include as many of the new features we are working on as possible. We have therefore taken the decision to postpone the release until early December, with production deployment planned for Thursday, 7th December.

I'll be in touch with more details nearer the time. In the meantime, please watch out for a new video coming to our YouTube channel next week to demonstrate the new project template functionality.

Cheers,

Ian

Children
No Data