Saving draft versions of projects in ManTra

Would it be possible to add in a "Save as Draft" version of a project in ManTra? I know we can save templates but it doesn't quite cover what I'm thinking. I'd like to create my full project in advance of having the final files ready. I would like to create the project complete with name and description and then "save as draft" while I wait for the final files to be ready. Once the files are ready, I attach them and then submit the project. Thoughts?

Parents
  • Hi Tim,

Good to hear from you.

If I'm being entirely honest, I don't see how the requested "Save as Draft" feature offers any significant benefits over the existing Project Template functionality. Project Templates can store all project input settings with the exception of the Project Name, Description and Due Date. You could therefore create a template for a particular project you are preparing for that includes the relevant language and attribute settings. At the point you are ready to actually submit the project, you would enter the Project Name, Description and Due Date, choose the pre-defined template and upload the final files requiring translation.

Aside from being required to enter the Project Name, Description and Due Date at the point of project submission, is there anything else I'm missing here?

Cheers,
    Ian
  • Hi Tim,

Good to hear from you.

If I'm being entirely honest, I don't see how the requested "Save as Draft" feature offers any significant benefits over the existing Project Template functionality. Project Templates can store all project input settings with the exception of the Project Name, Description and Due Date. You could therefore create a template for a particular project you are preparing for that includes the relevant language and attribute settings. At the point you are ready to actually submit the project, you would enter the Project Name, Description and Due Date, choose the pre-defined template and upload the final files requiring translation.

Aside from being required to enter the Project Name, Description and Due Date at the point of project submission, is there anything else I'm missing here?

Cheers,
    Ian
Children