Upgrade to 11.6 and Oracle 19c Pluggable DB

Hello, anyone here upgraded to 11.6? If so few questions:

1) I am upgrading from 11.1.1 to 11.6, any suggestions or caution i need to watch for
2) Per documentation docs.sdl.com/.../requirements-for-the-database-servers, i have seen that 11.6 supports oracle 19c.. So does this mean that 11.6 support pluggable DB? docs.oracle.com/.../about-pluggable-databases-in-oracle-rac.html

So did any one try this ?
SDL Support said they have to wait on engineering to answer this and its been almost a month and i dont think i will get an answer anytime sooner..

Thank you,
H

Parents
  • Dear Harish, 

WorldServer 11.6.1. is about to be released, so we recommend that you wait for that version which includes further improvements:

Regarding #1:

• make a DB backup before starting the upgrade
    • run every upgrade script in order, and run the testschema.bat/sh after every upgrade to verify the DB integrity against each WS version
    • update to Java 11 as covered in the SDL Documentation

Regarding #2: your question has been submitted to Engineering with ID SRQ-14391. The current status of the service Request is that the pluggable DB has not been tested yet. Therefore, its support cannot be currently tested. You will be informed via Support case once further updates have been provided. 

I hope this helps you!

• Dear Harish, 

WorldServer 11.6.1. is about to be released, so we recommend that you wait for that version which includes further improvements:

Regarding #1:

• make a DB backup before starting the upgrade
    • run every upgrade script in order, and run the testschema.bat/sh after every upgrade to verify the DB integrity against each WS version
    • update to Java 11 as covered in the SDL Documentation

Regarding #2: your question has been submitted to Engineering with ID SRQ-14391. The current status of the service Request is that the pluggable DB has not been tested yet. Therefore, its support cannot be currently tested. You will be informed via Support case once further updates have been provided. 

I hope this helps you!

Children