Any experience in using “Custom XML (Legacy Embedded Content)” for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)?

Former Member
Former Member

I'd like to use that custom xml filter as an FTS filter but for some reason, I have hard time to associate it to the FTS filter.

Any hint on how I should do that?

Parents
  • Are you talking about using a legacy filter as a FTS filter?
    I do have some understanding (but no practical experience yet) with the Custom XML (Legacy Embedded Content) for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) but that filter is already an FTS filter
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Eric Bishop
    Thanks Eric,

This is exactly what I want to achieve: use FTS filter with AEM content.

Any hint on to set this up correctly?
  • That depends on how you are getting this content and what it looks like. AEM has several different ways internally that it can send things our for translation. Additionally there are also a few third part tools that integrate AEM with WS as well. What does the content you have look like? What file extension does it have? Lastly, your options also depend on what version of WS you have and what version of AEM you have are.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Eric Bishop

So, quite a few things to answer :)

We are getting the files from AEM directly as xml file (like 00e82765-6c7b-4795-a8a6-d0a8588bbace.xml) and the content look like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><translationObjectFile fileType="PAGE" sourcePath="tubudu">

<translationObjectProperties>

<property isMultiValue="false" nodePath="tubudu">To be translated</property>

</translationObjectProperties>

</translationObjectFile>

Where the value inside <propery></property> is to be translated.

We are heading to the latest of WS very soon but we are still running with WS 10.4.3.

Thanks!

• Thanks for that info. Given just the data above, what i would suggest doing is:
    creating a new filter in the 'Custom XML (Embedded Content Processor) Studio File Type' rather than in the 'Custom XML (Legacy Embedded Content) Studio File Type' using the default filter as a template and call it AEM XML or something descriptive for you.
    Then go into the parser settings for that filter and create a new rule.
    This rule should be an xpath rule and the text should be \\*.
    Then you should set it to not translate.
    Then click save.
    Next you create a new parser rule but in this one choose element as the type.
    Here you would put the word property.
    You'd set that one to translatable and then click save.
    Click save again to save the whole filter.

To use that filter in a project type you need to create a filter group
    This is done at Management -> Linguistic Tool Setup -> Filter Groups.
    You'd create a new group and name it something similar to the filter you created.
    You'd click the add button to add a new filter to the group.
    Then you'd choose the MIME type (filetype) which i think is text/xml at the bottom of the list.
    Then you'd chose the filter to use
    I think you have to choose 'Custom XML (Embedded Content Processor) Studio File Type' first
    then choose the filter you created.

Now that you have that group created, you'd go into your project type (let me know if you are using some other method to create projects)
    then go to the processing tab (i think) then set the filter to be used to the filter group you created.

Then use that project type to create a project using those xml files and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Thanks for that info. Given just the data above, what i would suggest doing is:
    creating a new filter in the 'Custom XML (Embedded Content Processor) Studio File Type' rather than in the 'Custom XML (Legacy Embedded Content) Studio File Type' using the default filter as a template and call it AEM XML or something descriptive for you.
    Then go into the parser settings for that filter and create a new rule.
    This rule should be an xpath rule and the text should be \\*.
    Then you should set it to not translate.
    Then click save.
    Next you create a new parser rule but in this one choose element as the type.
    Here you would put the word property.
    You'd set that one to translatable and then click save.
    Click save again to save the whole filter.

To use that filter in a project type you need to create a filter group
    This is done at Management -> Linguistic Tool Setup -> Filter Groups.
    You'd create a new group and name it something similar to the filter you created.
    You'd click the add button to add a new filter to the group.
    Then you'd choose the MIME type (filetype) which i think is text/xml at the bottom of the list.
    Then you'd chose the filter to use
    I think you have to choose 'Custom XML (Embedded Content Processor) Studio File Type' first
    then choose the filter you created.

Now that you have that group created, you'd go into your project type (let me know if you are using some other method to create projects)
    then go to the processing tab (i think) then set the filter to be used to the filter group you created.

Then use that project type to create a project using those xml files and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Children