Automatic distribution to LSPs based on pre-defined capacity

Dear community,

My customer would like to distribute work among 3 ranked LSPs. LSP 1 should be assigned work to capacity, then LSP 2 and finally LSP 3. Is there any way to do this without human dispatching? My first though was to have the translation task assigned to LSP 1 with an option for LSP 1 to accept or decline the assignment, at which point it would be automatically forwarded to LSP 2, who could then do the same. Obviously this would result in every request passing through at least LSP 1 even after LSP 1's capacity limit having been reached, so is less than ideal.

I welcome any and all suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Dave

• Hi Dave,

When we want to assign tasks to more than one vendor, LSP, we should consider the cost models, since one project can have one cost model only. However, if you are not using cost models, this will not be a problem.

If you or LSPs do not mind to see each other on the tasks list page, how about this way? This is the way you do not use any customization, and very simple.

Think we have the following workflow.

1. Start
    2. (as usual) Clear Segments, Segment Assets, and Calculate Repetitions step.
    3. Translate (human step)
    4. Finish

First, at a workflow design, you assign the role dedicated to the LSP1 on the Translate step. 

And then, once you have created a new project group with this workflow, users in the LSP1 will be notified by an email for the assignment to the Translate step. 

The users in the LSP1 role login to WorldServer, and can see the tasks at the Translate step. They can claim the tasks based on the scoping information and their available volume. For example, someone in the LSP1 role claims task #1, #2, #3, and leave the task #4, #5, #6. 

Beforehand, you instruct the LSP1 users to unassign the LSP1 role for the unclaimed tasks (#4, #5, #6) on the same Translate step, and assign the LSP2 role instead, once they (LSP1 users) have finished the claiming. 

Even on the same Translate step, if the assignees have been changed, the notification mail will be sent to the new assignees. So the users in the LSP2 role can know the assignments on task #4, #5, and #6. 

It is the same. The users in the LSP2 role can claim the tasks, and assign the unclaimed tasks to the LSP3 role. 

In this way, someone needs to check the project whether any tasks are remaining without claiming at the Translate step or not.

Sorry, if my answer is missing the point. Let me know if so, or you have any limitations in the requirement. 

Best,
    Taiki

• Hi Taiki,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, we do not want our vendors seeing who their fellow vendors are, so this solution would not work for us.

Regards,
    Dave
  • Hi Dave, due to GDPR related data minimization requirements some of our customers have started pseudomizing their vendors, so your vendors would see that there are other vendors but would not see who is behind the vendor shortname. Might this be a worksround to allow Taiki´s suggestion to work for you?
  • That very well could! I'm waiting to hear back from my customer whether I should expect multiple projects with single or multiple files or simply one daily project with multiple files. The latter would only bother LSP 1 once; the former would still be annoying.