Deleting users

Hello,

I'm trying to delete WS users (employees who have left the company, vendors we no longer use, etc.). For a number of them I can't delete them. They are only disabled instead. This is the message displayed at the deletion screen: If a user is referenced by workflows, tasks, issues, or any other object in WorldServer, then the user will be disabled instead of deleted. A disabled user may not log in and will not appear in user lists How can I track down the project/task/issue in which they are active so as to permanently delete them? I changed the password and logged in as one of our former employees. Projects assigned to me is empty, but I still can't delete the user.

Thanks as always in advance!

Parents
  • Hi Dave,

the scenario under which this issue might happen is:

1) Create a user called "Bob"

2) Create a workflow with a human step assigned to Bob.

3) Try to delete Bob. He'll be disabled instead.

4). Now assign the human step to somebody else. Bob is no longer referenced anywhere and should be able to be deleted.

5). Try to delete Bob again. He'll just stay disabled with no information in the UI about what is happening.

Once the user is disabled, deleting her/him from the Disabled Users might not work (no error is displayed).

This behaviour has been filed as defect CRQ-14247. We have an article that provides some instructions about how to identify those dependencies and ultimately delete those users from the Database (as a workaround):

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000009775

However, please note that all actions on the Database are at your own risk.

I hope this helps you.

Caterina

• Hi Dave,

the scenario under which this issue might happen is:

1) Create a user called "Bob"

2) Create a workflow with a human step assigned to Bob.

3) Try to delete Bob. He'll be disabled instead.

4). Now assign the human step to somebody else. Bob is no longer referenced anywhere and should be able to be deleted.

5). Try to delete Bob again. He'll just stay disabled with no information in the UI about what is happening.

Once the user is disabled, deleting her/him from the Disabled Users might not work (no error is displayed).

This behaviour has been filed as defect CRQ-14247. We have an article that provides some instructions about how to identify those dependencies and ultimately delete those users from the Database (as a workaround):

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000009775

However, please note that all actions on the Database are at your own risk.

I hope this helps you.

Caterina

Children