Detecting language please wait for.......
It is no longer possible since the Trados Studio SR2 update to use the Language Resource Template (LRT) to customize the segmentation rules in WorldServer. This has been causing us a major headache since the middle of last year. What are the plans for fixing this? Is there a workaround already?
Thanks for any info!
unfortunately, this is indeed a regression that has been filed as defect CRQ-18457 and will be fixed in the upcoming version 11.6.
This article includes a relatively simple workaround to make…
We had not noticed yet but this is certainly a major concern.
This may have to do with our version of WorldServer (11.3.5). Supposedly it has been corrected in 11.5 (still awaiting confirmation), but since we've just upgraded recently, we can't upgrade again even if it IS fixed .
This article includes a relatively simple workaround to make the LRT exported from Studio 2019 SR2 work with earlier version of WorldServer:
Please let me know if this helps you.
Fantastic, thanks for the link! Even if it requires a bit of hacking away at the LRT from SR2, that's more of a viable solution for me at the moment than upgrading to 11.6. We've got an incoming project that needs some segmentation love so I will hopefully be able to try this next week!
Just wanted to check in again and say that this solution worked. Thanks again! Since our LRT is quite old it also had entries for variables, abbreviations, etc, not just segmentation rules. As a result, we had to change all four instances to Lcid. Once we did this, it worked!
Hi Michael, I am really happy to hear that!