missing context information for xml file

Hello,

we have defined an xml filter for our specific CMS files (GRIPS) but are not able to let show some "context information" as it is possible in SDL Studio.

We had already a filter which works correctly in SDL Studio. We have exported the settings and imported them in WorldServer. We first noticed that the rules were not sorted like in Studio - but from the last rule to the first rule. After changing this, we were still not able to see the information.

We have also generated a package to be open in Studio. In Studio, no surprise, the information are not in the sdlxliff. But when I prepare the same source file in this project, then the preparation works as expected. It looks like as WorldServer does not write the information in the sdlxliff whereas Studio does.

Is it a known bug? Has anybody noticed that? Or is it not implemented yet?

We use the version 10.4.2.

Many thanks

Sébastien

Parents
  • Sebastien,

Is the context information that you are talking about like the aqua 'M' in the image below?

If so, i think i can help. You can configure that in WS by clicking advanced on any given parser rule

Then clicking the edit button on the structure line

Then adding a new property

You can use predefined ones from the dropdown and can also create your own.
    *Note there is a bug i already have raised with SDL where if you do not change the color before selecting something else in the drop-down, you are unable to change the color until you save and then re-open the property for editing. I also suggested in the same ticket that the default color be something other than black (which is not very helpful)

Once it is saved you can then edit what you want to show up in the document explorer, the context name or the content in the context.

If this is not what you are talking about can you clarify what it is?

• Hello Eric,
    thank you for your answer, Yes I'm talking about the 4th column in the Studio editor, where your aqua "M" are.
    My customer who works with WorldServer has already raised a support ticket. We'll see what the support team says.

The problem is that everything has been configured as you describe, but in Studio 2015. In the future, our customer wants to prepare the files herself. So I shared our file type settings.
    She imported the settings file and prepared her XML files with it. But the context information is not present in the sdlxliff. What is weird is: when I open her package, delete her sdlxliff files and re-prepare the same XML with the same project settings, then the context information is present... so maybe a compatibility problem.

A first issue was that the rules in the settings file have been imported in reverse order. My customer had to order them back.

I will share the answer as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your help
    With kind regards
    Sébastien Desautel
  • Hello Eric,
    thank you for your answer, Yes I'm talking about the 4th column in the Studio editor, where your aqua "M" are.
    My customer who works with WorldServer has already raised a support ticket. We'll see what the support team says.

The problem is that everything has been configured as you describe, but in Studio 2015. In the future, our customer wants to prepare the files herself. So I shared our file type settings.
    She imported the settings file and prepared her XML files with it. But the context information is not present in the sdlxliff. What is weird is: when I open her package, delete her sdlxliff files and re-prepare the same XML with the same project settings, then the context information is present... so maybe a compatibility problem.

A first issue was that the rules in the settings file have been imported in reverse order. My customer had to order them back.

I will share the answer as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your help
    With kind regards
    Sébastien Desautel
Children