Entities settings for AEM XML

Hi!

We received feedback from a customer with TMS & AEM connector set up, regarding issues with " " and " ". Their XML files contain both of these escape sequences and the issues related to that are the following:

• their system produces errors importing translated XML files if our translation failed to preserves " ". i.e. " " causes import errors.
  • our translation is displayed with " " on their website when we deliver translated XML files with " " i.e. sometimes translation needs to contain " " NOT  " to render correctly on their website.

Have you come across issues such as these with AEM connector? Do you have any suggestions to the customer? I appreciate your feedback!

Thank you,

Naoko

Parents Reply
  • Oddly enough, I just ran into this issue after finally switching out from our old ITD based file type with custom preprocessing tool which would wrap everything in CDATA and unescape it and then undo that on the way back out.

Note, that we use Clay tablet connector to move content from AEM to SDL TMS and it is generating the XML, so I am not sure this matches what you are doing. However, they do expect double escaping as you describe (i.e. &). They way to achieve this is through both the HTML5 embedded processor and XML processor.

In the XML > entities, I set Advanced XMl Entity Setting to write out lt, gt, quot, apos and amp as entities.

Similarly, I set them for my Embedded Content Processors > HTML5 with the exception of quot and apos since those are used frequently in the actual text

Note that you can export these two parsers (*.sdlecsettings and *.sdlftsettings) and combine them by simply keeping the <SettingsGroup> element from each. This is described in detail here:

gateway.sdl.com/.../communityknowledge

Children