Entities settings for AEM XML

Hi!

We received feedback from a customer with TMS & AEM connector set up, regarding issues with " " and " ". Their XML files contain both of these escape sequences and the issues related to that are the following:

• their system produces errors importing translated XML files if our translation failed to preserves " ". i.e. " " causes import errors.
  • our translation is displayed with " " on their website when we deliver translated XML files with " " i.e. sometimes translation needs to contain " " NOT  " to render correctly on their website.

Have you come across issues such as these with AEM connector? Do you have any suggestions to the customer? I appreciate your feedback!

Thank you,

Naoko

Parents Reply
  • Naoko, I am not sure about your case or how the files are being sent to TMS from AEM but what I have discovered is that in AEM there are some rich text/HTML compatible fields and some that are just plain text, like the browser title. In our case, the XML that is sent to us from AEM/Clay Tablet does not indicate what type it is so we simply apply the HTML Embedded Processor on all of them to be safe. Because we have a mix of content and sometimes they include HTML entities like ® we have to turn on Entity Conversion to normalize them into the character for translation (otherwise they appear as a tag and we lose TM leverage). However, by doing this the translated target file will always write out those characters as the entity as well. This works fine for those rich text/HTML fields but in those plain text fields, they will either display as the entity (®) or worse be rejected by the system. We saw both cases. I ended up having to go back to ITD with a custom pre-processor because the current SDL Trados Studio filters do not allow us to normalize these entities to the character and then write them out as the character as well. I have written an idea to add this feature for HTML and Embedded HTML since it is already available for XML2 (However, note that XML2 is not available in TMS yet). If possible go there and add your vote, so we can get this into the Studio parsers and then into TMS. 

community.sdl.com/.../html-entity-conversion-similar-to-xml2-allowing-read-as-character-and-write-as-character-for-any-all-characters

In short, I am not sure how others are handling this for AEM but it seems like a major shortcoming.

Children