• XLIFF 2.x… the translator’s panacea?

In the last year or so many articles have been written about XLIFF 2.0 explaining what’s so great about it, so I’m not going to write another one of those.  I’m in awe of the knowledge and effort the technical standard committees display in delivering the comprehensive documentation they do, working…
    • 23 Aug 2018
  • Upgrading apps in the SDLAppstore…

Studio 2019 has arrived and it brings with it some nice features on the surface, and some important improvements under the hood… but it also brings with it a lot more upgrades than just Studio, and I don’t just mean MultiTerm!  The SDL AppStore is one of the unique benefits you get when you work on…
    • 27 Jul 2018
  • SDL Trados Studio 2019 has arrived

I am thrilled to announce the release of SDL Trados Studio 2019, which hits the market on my 12th anniversary at SDL – almost to the day. Writing this blog […]

The post SDL Trados Studio 2019 has arrived appeared first on SDL Language Translation & Content Management Blog.

• 25 Jul 2018
  • Meet Ed Flower, Marketing Manager at SDL for Freelance Translators

A little bit about you… What is your name? Ed Flower What is your job role? Marketing Manager, focusing on freelance translators. Which SDL office do you work in? Maidenhead […] The post Meet Ed Flower, Marketing Manager at SDL for Freelance Translators... Read the full text.
    • 30 Jun 2018
  • The World Cup of SDL Trados Studio Features

With World Cup fever sweeping across the globe, we decided to have some fun and run our very own ‘World Cup of SDL Trados Studio Features’ to find out what […] The post The World Cup of SDL Trados Studio Features appeared first on SDL Trados Blog ... Read the full text.
    • 29 Jun 2018
  • It’s all about the money!

It could be said that translators come into the industry for the love of language, and the creative nature of the work, writing beautiful translations that at least do justice to the original texts.  It might even be true for many… but let’s face it, very few people can afford to do this for a full…
    • 26 Jun 2018
  • Too many language variants!

Is English (Europe) the new language on the other side of the Channel that we’ll all have to learn if Brexit actually happens… will Microsoft ever create a spellchecker for it now they added it to Windows 10?  Why are there 94 different variants of English in Studio coming from the Microsoft operating…
    • 11 Jun 2018
  • Data Protection…

There’s always been the occasional question appearing on the forums about data protection, particularly in relation to the use of machine translation, but as of the 25th May 2018 this topic has a more serious implication for anyone dealing with data in Europe.  I’ve no intention of making this post…
    • 26 May 2018
  • A competitive edge…

I’m pretty sure that when we started to build the new Customer Experience Team in Cluj last year that there was nothing in the job description about being competitive… but wow, they are!!!  I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t competitive, because I know I am, but it’s been a long time since I’ve had these…
    • 10 Apr 2018