Auto-create folders

Hello Eugene,

Thank for this update.

I see only a couple of things I came across:

- When I create a new job, I can have the software add the corresponding files in folders it creates (through the customized settings I set up). This is a really great feature! One thing would make it even greater: if this could be done automatically. I've set up all my settings but, for each new job created, I need to manually click on the Folder icon (in my new job "Files (on disk)" tab) for it actually create those folders.

Could this be automatized (to match the settings decided by the user)? It would save a lot of time and avoid omissions.

- I don't think there is anything you can do on this but I'll mention it anyway: there quite some latency within the software when clicking on tab/feature or else for it to actually appear. I see a "Please wait" pop-up.

If this is a known issue (not linked to my usage or my OS being 64 bits), is it fixable?

I'm aware I'm asking a lot but I figured, better safe than sorry.

Thanks again!

Parents
  • Hello, Aubeline,

Well, because it's very common thing that a job does not require a folder on hard drive, it was decided not to do it automatically until folder creation button is clicked. From my personal experience, half of such folders will remain empty (sometimes even PO file isn't stored). So you just register a job in management system, do some work online, enter PO number and that's all.

Other problem: folder path could depend on many parameters (customer, currency, specialization, etc.). How to determine a moment when a folder should be created? Or, folder is created automatically, and if you change, say, a Customer, and folder name depends on customer, then it will be automatically renamed on hard drive.

I don't think there is anything you can do on this but I'll mention it anyway: there quite some latency within the software when clicking on tab/feature or else for it to actually appear. I see a "Please wait" pop-up.

Had exactly same message yesterday. I personally don't experience this. Do you notice when it happens? With any tabs? In every switch? We now if it was solved in new version 5.2 released yesterday.

• Hello, Aubeline,

Well, because it's very common thing that a job does not require a folder on hard drive, it was decided not to do it automatically until folder creation button is clicked. From my personal experience, half of such folders will remain empty (sometimes even PO file isn't stored). So you just register a job in management system, do some work online, enter PO number and that's all.

Other problem: folder path could depend on many parameters (customer, currency, specialization, etc.). How to determine a moment when a folder should be created? Or, folder is created automatically, and if you change, say, a Customer, and folder name depends on customer, then it will be automatically renamed on hard drive.

I don't think there is anything you can do on this but I'll mention it anyway: there quite some latency within the software when clicking on tab/feature or else for it to actually appear. I see a "Please wait" pop-up.

Had exactly same message yesterday. I personally don't experience this. Do you notice when it happens? With any tabs? In every switch? We now if it was solved in new version 5.2 released yesterday.

Children
No Data