How to cancel an invoice?

I need to cancel an old invoice.

According to this article (https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/business-manager/w/wiki/5145/corrective-invoices), I need to enter 0 into the Partial factor column.

I don't see this column anywhere in the corrective invoice.

Screenshot of Trados Studio corrective invoice interface with no visible 'Partial factor' column. Invoice items listed with description, quantity, and amount blurred out.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:31 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello Ivaylo,

I think you've hidden it. Try to right click on table header > Column chooser, and drag Partial factor back to this table.

Hope it helps!

And a short question since you're using this functionality. Do you think it's implemented well, or previous approach with simple unrestricted deletion of invoices was better?

• Thank you, Eugene, for you your assistance!

Yes, I found it.

I'm not sure which is the correct way to cancel an invoice.

Nowadays, a lot of translation companies have their own web-based PM and invoicing systems and we, the translators (as their LSPs) have accounts on them. The jobs are set up in their systems, we go and accept them, download files, and even work on the files in their cloud-based environments. 

The invoicing and payment is either automated upon finishing the job or I have to go their and generate the invoice. In either scenarios, I have to recreate manually these jobs in SDLBM (setting the projects, jobs, etc.) and issue the invoices for my income reporting purposes. 

In this particular case, the I generated the invoice in their system and manually created an invoice in BM. However, there was a glitch in their invoicing system and the payment failed to pass. We found out a few month later and they deleted my previous invoice in their system, the jobs become available for invoicing again and I issued a new invoice.

I didn't know what to do in BM. I haven't checked with an accountant but I guess a corrective invoice will do. I'm just wondering whether the "0" is the most correct partial factor because I have to invoice these jobs again and I'll end up double the value as an income - one time "143 EUR" invoiced in August 2019 and a new invoice for another "143 EUR" invoiced in January 2020

Does setting a partial factor from 100 to 0 for the jobs will subtract "143 EUR" from my income accounts? Normally, I declare my income based on invoiced issues (accrual accounting) (not the payments received (cash accounting)). 

• Hello, Ivaylo,

Well, I just made some tests. Set Earning accounting method to Invoice-based. Then created a job, and invoice. Got earning record in the Ledger for amount of invoice. Then created corrective invoice and set Partial factor to zero. After saving, earning record disappeared from Ledger, so current earning is zero again. After creating another invoice over same job I've got again full job amount included in that new invoice. So, from first look, all works well.. I'm not only sure about deleted record in the Ledger - maybe it's better to leave old record and add new one with minus sign.

Reply Children
No Data