This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating a Quote from Trados - Word Count Analysis Won't Import Properly

I got Business Manager a few weeks ago and for the most part have really liked how it works. The big issue I've come up against though is that I can't seem to create a quote in the program using import analysis from Trados or directly from the Trados tool bar. 

Each time I try to import data from CAT tools (Trados 2019 for me) or even create a job in Trados from the quote, the analysis doesn't seem to work correctly. 

For example, I was trying to create a quote for a potential English into Burmese job and when I went into Trados and clicked "Create a quote" in the BaccS connector in my toolbar ribbon, it created this correct analysis (see below). So far, so good. 

Screenshot of Trados Studio analysis with correct data including total word count and various match types such as context match, repetitions, and fuzzy matches.

Everything here seems to be fine but once I hit "OK", the analysis that populates in the quote looks like this:

Screenshot showing an error in Trados Studio where the quote analysis has incorrect quantity, displaying a single line with a mismatched word count.

The quantity doesn't match up with the total number of words in any way even after I double checked my fuzzy schemes and fuzzy types to make sure everything was weighted as it should be. Each time I try to create a quote from Trados, no matter the language, this seems to happen and convert it to a weird number and one solitary line in a quote. 

How do I get the analysis to import properly so I don't need to manually input each type of fuzzy match for my clients?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:34 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji