How to preview a specific invoice in the Report Designer?

I'm tweaking an invoice template in the Report Designer. When I click preview, I see five apparently random invoices from my database (most dated 2011-2013!).

How can I preview a specific invoice?
I've tried entering an invoice number in Preview>Parameters>Number, but that field is empty and I can’t enter any data there. 

Parents
  • Hello, Emma,

Good question! I've came to it many times while was working on different templates. Sometimes template looks good for one invoice, but worse for another.

So, my main and quickest solution is to switch to the Field list, select Invoice (could be another name, just select top node in the tree) and in properties find Sorting property. Open it and sort by Date in descending order. From now, preview window will display invoices starting from the latest one.

Also, we can control how many invoices are shown by default in the Preview window. Click on empty space to select the whole report, and then find Report print options:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing an invoice template with a Field list panel on the right, highlighting the Sorting property dropdown menu sorted by Date in descending order.

Finally, if you still need to display concrete invoice, you can use Criteria property for data set:

Screenshot of Trados Studio displaying the Report print options in the Properties panel with a Field list panel on the right, highlighting the option to control the number of invoices shown in the Preview window.

Here you can specify criteria to get an invoice which you need. For example by number. However, in this case don't forget to clear Criteria before saving a template, otherwise you won't see invoice when printing from UI.

Hope that helps! And sorry that there is no super easy solution Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:36 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Thanks for your fast response, Eugene.

I don't see the same as you in your first screenshot (two cogs, measure units at top), but based on your second screenshot, I've managed to filter by IsThisYear in the Criteria field, so I see all invoices issued this year. 

That works for me, but I'd still be interested to know how to reach "Report Print Options" in your first screenshot.Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Field List' with various invoice-related fields and the 'Properties' panel with 'Criteria' set to 'IsThisYear(Date)' to filter invoices issued this year.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:37 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • I don't see the same as you in your first screenshot (two cogs, measure units at top), but based on your second screenshot, I've managed to filter by IsThisYear in the Criteria field, so I see all invoices issued this year. 

Hello, Emma,

I suppose you didn't select report in a whole. To do that, click on grey area on the designer surface (outside of paper). This select report. Or, the same could be achieved if to select report in the drop-down list right above that two cogs Slight smile In this list, find element which has Report type. On the screenshot above, it's Invoice_v8. And then you'll find this property. 

And third way. Click on small arrow in the corner between two rulers. This property (Detail count at design time) will be there as well.

Hope this helps!

• I don't see the same as you in your first screenshot (two cogs, measure units at top), but based on your second screenshot, I've managed to filter by IsThisYear in the Criteria field, so I see all invoices issued this year. 

Hello, Emma,

I suppose you didn't select report in a whole. To do that, click on grey area on the designer surface (outside of paper). This select report. Or, the same could be achieved if to select report in the drop-down list right above that two cogs Slight smile In this list, find element which has Report type. On the screenshot above, it's Invoice_v8. And then you'll find this property. 

And third way. Click on small arrow in the corner between two rulers. This property (Detail count at design time) will be there as well.

Hope this helps!

Children