Out of memory error

Hello Eugene
I hope this finds you well.
The insufficient memory issue strikes again (actually it never really stopped, but it was minor)
This is when I tried to export a report as PDF
If I close and restart TBM, it’ll most likely work.

Lorenzo 

Trados Studio screenshot showing an error message 'The following error occurred: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.' while trying to export a report as PDF.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:40 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello, Lorenzo! Great to hear you!

We've got few similar reports recently, and I was trying to fix this with few recent updates, but to no avail for for, unfortunately.

This error appears only when you export reports? Or sometimes in other parts of the application?

• Hi Eugene,

Glad to hear from you too!

It happens a lot. Quite randomly.

For instance it happens when opening the Report Designer

When exporting the contents of tables (eg invoices) the Explorer window appears without the tree structure or with the folder icons in the tree structure black.

It also appears to cause Out Of Memory issues on other programs. For instance, DVX3 imports PPTs fine when TBM has not been opened in the current Windows session, but often shows an Out of Memory issue when TBM has been opened.

All of these errors are random on my system, the are not consistently repeatable.

This is, for instance, from Export Selected Rows in the Dashboard. It just happened right after I wrote this message.

Error message in Trados Business Manager: 'Could not load file or assembly DevExpress.Spreadsheet.v20.2.Core, Version=20.2.7.0... OutOfMemoryException was thrown.'

Also, (but I think this might be an unrelated issue) when you first open the program and press F9 to clone a job, an Invoice tab opens instead, but not always.

HIH

Take care, Eugene! News from there are quite worrying!

Lorenzo

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:40 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, Lorenzo,

Thank you for detailed report! These kind of errors are coming from many users now (around 10 people reported by now), so that's worrying, and definitely not because of wrong PC configuration or whatever (which could be a case when error appears just for 1-2 users).

From the other hand, during last 2 months trying to reproduce it, I wasn't able to get this error! Installed TBM on different machines, with different configs, to no avail.

Now have another idea, which I will try to implement and deliver small update (on Tuesday maybe).

Also, (but I think this might be an unrelated issue) when you first open the program and press F9 to clone a job, an Invoice tab opens instead, but not always.

Sounds like actual focus is somewhere on invoice list (for example, app launched, something shown, but focus remained in another tab).

Thank you! That's indeed terrible Disappointed

• Hello, Lorenzo,

Thank you for detailed report! These kind of errors are coming from many users now (around 10 people reported by now), so that's worrying, and definitely not because of wrong PC configuration or whatever (which could be a case when error appears just for 1-2 users).

From the other hand, during last 2 months trying to reproduce it, I wasn't able to get this error! Installed TBM on different machines, with different configs, to no avail.

Now have another idea, which I will try to implement and deliver small update (on Tuesday maybe).

Sounds like actual focus is somewhere on invoice list (for example, app launched, something shown, but focus remained in another tab).

Thank you! That's indeed terrible Disappointed

Children
No Data