BM suddenly requires password

Hi there,

justed wanted to start my installation of BM 5.3.30 as usual but the program today wants to know a password. I never set one and the program just started.

The user "Admin" is prefilled and I tried it with password User@TBM as stated in your manual. But it is not accepted.

I did not set a password yesterday, when I used my paid and activated license the last time. I tried a restart of my computer because after 3 times the wrong credentials, BM just closes down.

Please help quickly!

Thanks,

Holger

Parents Reply
  • Hello, Holger,

Just found that I didn't answer your questions.

I ran the tool that you describe in this video and found that the option "Add SQL Server Compact 4.0 Connection" is greyed out. This is the option that you use in the video in order to open baccs db and to look for the password in the permissions section. I wonder what else I could do with the tool when this option is greyed out...?

It could be greyed out if you didn't install Microsoft SQL Server CE (can be found on Microsoft website).

Also I wonder what exactly I should do in the section "Permission Policy user" (when I can finally open it - hopefully with your help!) - is it just to read the "StoredPassword"?

Correct.

Could you please also explain what the option "Force password change" means exactly in your image you quoted above - and if this option is activated by default?

This means that upon next application start/logon this user will see a window requiring to change current password.

I remember that your problems were solved privately, but anyway let's have these answers here too.

Children
No Data