Alignment question -- strange behaviour

When in the Documents for Alignment window I add a source file or folder, and target file or folder, I get an error message, roughly: The method or action has not been implemented. However, the files are added as they should.

More disconcerting is the fact that if I select a source file and click Remove, everything in the wizard window disappears (with no error message). Furthermore, I can't do anything in that window except closing it by clicking on the corner X -- I can't even use the Cancel button.

Am I alone in experiencing this?

Mats

4 Replies Latest Replies: 15 Mar 2019 3:13 PM by Steven Whale
  • Hello ,

Could you please post the full error stack and relevant images so that we can see what is going on please and try to replicate.
    This article explains how to save and post the error stack and images-
    community.sdl.com/.../4159.how-to-get-help-quickly-in-the-sdl-community-technical-forums
  • Hi  
    I can confirm the first observation, this error message pops up every time you add files under "Align multiple files". The "remove" function is also fraught with problems, I can confirm that, too. There were other posts in the forum regarding this topic, but I can't find them now. It seems to be a general issue.
    However, als you also observed, you can add files, click ok on the error message and proceed as normal. I never had a problem with how the alignment worked after that initial glitch. But the selector function has a few bugs, quite obviously. How do you report a straightforward bug, as this is not really a question to the forum?
    Daniel

• In reply to Steven Whale:

Hi
    this is the stack trace of the first error Mats describes:

<SDLErrorDetails time="16-Mar-19 09:12:41">
    <ErrorMessage>The method or operation is not implemented.</ErrorMessage>
    <Exception>
    <Type>System.NotImplementedException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467263</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[ at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.Files.AlignmentFile.get_Project()
    at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.Files.FileListControl.<UpdatePhaseColumnsCaptions>d__211.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
    at Sdl.TranslationStudio.TranslationMemoryManager.AlignmentWizard.AlignmentFileDataController.AddFiles(Folder parentFolder, ICollection`1 paths, Boolean isTarget)]]></StackTrace>
    </Exception>
    <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.1.2.48878</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>MyUserName</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>ABCDE</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>12581860 MB</PhysicalMemory>
    </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

Hope this helps, but you should be able to reproduce both errors with ease.
    Daniel
  • In reply to Daniel Hug:

Thanks Daniel for doing this for me! Much appreciated.
    Mats

Related