Unable to open idml file

Hi everybody,

I have been trying to open a idml file in Studio 2017 (all SRs + Updates). I always get the message that the file is not valid.
The checkbox under File > Options to open unsupported file versions is checked.

Of course I used the search function but unfortunately I couldn't find any answer that would do the trick.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Peter

8 Replies Latest Replies: 30 Mar 2018 8:51 PM by Paul < 1   2  >
  • Hi ,

Just checking... but you did check this box before you prepared the file for translation? If you did can we see the file? You can send it to pfilkin@sdl.com if that's ok?
  • In reply to Paul:

Hi Paul,
    Yes, the box was checked before, which is by default when I select the default project template.
    I signed a NDA with this client so I need to check with him first before I can send the files to you. I'll let you know.
    Have a great weekend and happy Easter.
    Peter
  • In reply to Peter Oehmen:

Thanks ,

In the meantime can you also advise whether you are using a project template to prepare your projects, and in particular one that you might have imported from an older version of Studio? If you have please try using the default template.
  • In reply to Paul:

Hi Paul,
    I actually tried both, an existing template and the default template. But in the meantime my client sent me a working version.
    The first version of the idml files was created in CC2017, which Studio cannot handle (yet) as I just read somewhere.
    Thanks for your help.
    Peter
  • In reply to Peter Oehmen:

Hi ,

Where did you just read this? I have CC2018 installed and it works just fine so I don't believe that your problem is that Studio cannot handle the version of InDesign you are using. Hopefully you will be able to share the file, or even a test file created just this purpose, once you have sorted out permissions with your client.
< 1   2  >
Related