Massive problems with Studio 2019: can't create projects

Hi,

I am trying to use Studio 2019 and have massive problems creating Projects. I just can't use it!

I have 2 problems:

- if I try to create a project with a template (which I created in Studio 2019), I click on the Finish-button and I get the error message "could not find a part of the path". If I try the same thing in STudio 2017, it works perfectly.

- if I try to create a project with a template (which I created in Studio 2019), I get the error message "the project must contain at least one source file" and can't do anything anymore although the file is where it belongs. I noticed here that it happens when the standard languages in the options are not exactly the same than in my project which wasn't a problem in Studio 2017. If I change the languages and try again, it usually works but not every time which is a big problem because I can't even close Studio anymore.

I work with Windows 7.

Conclusion: I bought 2019 and cannot use it which is really annoying.

Has anybody a solution for me? I would be very grateful.

Sandrine Monin

10 Replies Latest Replies: 10 Sep 2018 9:14 AM by Jesse Good < 1   2  >
  • Hi  

>I click on the Finish-button and I get the error message "could not find a part of the path".
    I've seen several people have this problem.
    Can you provide the entire message? i.e. the entire Path name

> if I try to create a project with a template (which I created in Studio 2019), I get the error message "the project must contain at least one source file"
    Please see the following post:
    community.sdl.com/.../19445

• I have the same problem, which is quite annoying because I lose time instead of being more productive...

I get the following error message in French: "le projet doit contenir au moins un fichier à traduire" (the project must contain at least one source file) whereas I do have added one (or more) files to the project.

The files are seen as translatable and I have already performed a Windows Repair.

HELP PLEASE!

• In reply to Jesse Good:

In my case, it's not a matter of changing language pairs. The problem arises as soon as I enter the project name.
  • Hi

Thanks for your time this morning to look at this problem. I just wanted to confirm that your particular issue seems to have been resolved by not using the same name for the project as you do for the project folder... pending further tests by you today of course!
  • In reply to Isabelle Bouchet:

Hi

Can you check whether you are using a project name that matches that of your selected folder? That seemed to be causing this issue for Sandrine when we looked at it today. If you are then make sure that you use a different name and try again.
< 1   2  >
Related