SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1 -15.1.2.48878 verification module returns multiple false positives with numbers

Dear All,

I have the latest version of SDL Trados Studio installed: SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1 -15.1.2.48878, but the problem discussed below has been around forever.

When running verification on a translated project I have noticed time and again that Trados erroneously flags numbers and measurements as missing or not properly localized. Here are some examples:

All of the above are correct and it is plain to see even if you do not know the target language. So, the question is: why does Trados consistently (90-100% of the time) get numbers wrong and report errors that do not exist? There are literally hundreds of these false positives in bigger projects and it wastes my time.

Best regards,

Pavel

2 Replies Latest Replies: 8 Feb 2019 1:55 PM by Neil Allen
  • Yes, that was my first thought when using Studio.

Try using the Number Verifier plugin: appstore.sdl.com/.../

It is much more configurable.

Also, make sure you turn off "check numbers" in the QA Checker, otherwise you will still get all of the false positives.

I don't know why this plugin is not installed as standard and the default number checking in Studio permanently disabled.
  • Pavel Tsvetkov
    So, the question is: why does Trados consistently (90-100% of the time) get numbers wrong and report errors that do not exist? There are literally hundreds of these false positives in bigger projects and it wastes my time.

Hello  

I can't reproduce this without changing the settings for spaces between number and unit, or using something other than the result I would get by pressing Ctrl+comma and inserting the result.  Can you tell me what the actual error message is and can you also try it again allowing Studio to use what it thinks should be the right result?

As we don't allow you to create custom patterns the best approach for working with Studio is often to allow it to do what it wants (if the settings that are available are not the ones you need to fine tune this) and then search & replace afterwards.  Or use the Number Verifier as Neil suggested.

It's worth checking when you start and then prepare the file so you can work with it in the most efficient way.

Related