Trados 2019 hangs again

Well, I have updated my Trados to the latest version today and now when I try to open any of the projects in my list, Trados just hangs. I cannot start to explain how frustrating that is.

Please, help!

8 Replies Latest Replies: 8 Feb 2019 6:46 PM by Alison Field < 1   2  >
  • Hi 

Firstly, have you made sure your version MultiTerm is also up to date? To do this, if you have automatic updates set, just open MultiTerm and accept any update offered. If you don't have automatic updates, set, go to Help > Check for Updates.  
    Then, have you tried a Windows Repair of Studio via Control Panel? Instructions of how to do this, plus other ways to reset your Studio/MultiTerm setup, are given here: 
     Performing the first suggestion, a Windows Repair, is helpful with any heavy-duty software, especially after an update. It should always be possible to run a Windows Repair. You may need an extra/different click somewhere (at the 'Small icons' step for example) to get you via Control Panel to the right screen. It depends on how your User Interface is set up. You can also find Control Panel by typing it into the 'Type here to search' box next to the Windows button bottom left of your screen. Then follow the instructions on the above link. 
    If these suggestions don't help, try reinstalling.
    If that does not work, you can then get free help with licensing and installation issues that are preventing you from working, pretty fast:
    Fill in the form here:
    Select 'Installation' from the 'Case type' dropdown and tell them that the problems occurred after installation and, most importantly, give your correct email address so that they can contact you.
    I hope that you can find a solution in amongst all of the above!
    Alison ;-)
  • In reply to Alison Field:

Hi Alison,

1. Firstly, have you made sure your version MultiTerm is also up to date? To do this, if you have automatic updates set, just open MultiTerm and accept any update offered. If you don't have automatic updates, set, go to Help > Check for Updates. 

Yes, no updates available.

2. If these suggestions don't help, try reinstalling.

I have just tried that to no avail.

3. Fill in the form here:

OK, I have just tried that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Best regards,

• In reply to Pavel Tsvetkov:

Paul,

Is there a log file or any other file produced by Trados on my end when it crashes while trying to open *any* project in the project list that I can send to you to take a look? I have my hands literally tied with this problem...

Regards,

Pavel

• In reply to Pavel Tsvetkov:

The best thing to do here is contact support as Ali suggested so a support engineer can take a look. They might ask you for the logs and you'll find them by going to File -> View Log File.

In the meantime, what happens if you remove a Project from your list, close Studio, the restart and add the project back in again?

Also, what happens if you create a new project altogether?
  • In reply to Paul:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for you message.

1. I contacted support on Saturday, but there has been no answer so far: Case No. 00405188

2. I am not sure they will respond at all, as this might not qualify as an installation issue for which free support is due?

3. I have found the log file, but it only contains information from the current opening of Trados... So, anything before the crash is not in the log. Very strange.

4. If I remove a Project from the list, close Studio, then restart and add the project back in again, when I try to open the project, Trados freezes and then closes, unfortunately.

5. I have just tried creating a new project from scratch and the project gets created OK, but when I try to actually open it, Trados freezes and then closes.

Does this help identify the culprit?

Best regards,

< 1   2  >
Related