Since yesterday I am having massive troubles with my termbases when using my SDL Trados Studio 2017.
When I try to add new terminology by using the F2-key, I receive this error code: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
I have been looking on the SDL help forums and been troubleshooting for hours now, still with no success whatsoever.
What I have done so far:
- View: 'reestablish original view' (as elsewhere suggested by Paul from SDL)
- Changed the name path of the SDL-folder on my C-disk (username> SDL> change folder name) by adding "_old" to it. (as elsewhere suggested by Paul from SDL)
I did the same for my Multiterm folder.
- Checked for any available Studio updates (there were none).
Closed and restarted both Studio and my computer after each of the above-mentioned changes.
- Opened the existing termbase with Termbase Management, received an error code: "An error occurred while parsing Entity Name. Line 1, position 147".
- Reorganised the existing termbase.
- Added 3 more languages to the existing termbase.
Closed and restarted both Multiterm and my computer after each of these changes. None of the attempts had any effect.
- Opened Studio and tried to add term with F2-key, not working.
- Deleted the existing termbase, tried to create a new one. Ran through all the usual steps (termbase name, choose languages, etcetera).
Still not working because of error message upon finishing creation of new termbase: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
I really don't know what else I could do and I have wasted hours on this issue now, so an urgent solution would be greatly appreciated!