new project wizard - error with added files

I run SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance SR1. I tested the following also with all plugins removed.

I rarely set up my own projects and work mostly with my clients' packages, which is probably why I only recently discovered that the Create New Project wizard shows the following error after I added 1 or more files and click Next to proceed:

Apparently it complains about the very files and folder it just created itself.

I can get around this by manually deleting the project's source language folder with all files inside (in my case en-GB), click on Next, and then restore it from the bin. (Note that it is not enough to just delete the files. The folder has to go, too.)

It seems the files I add are successfully copied to the project but then the process fails silently and keeps the original files open (they are locked for read/write until I close Studio, ie. I can't open or delete them). I suspect it also fails to tell its caller that everything went just fine.

Has anyone had this or similar?

4 Replies Latest Replies: 14 Mar 2019 1:48 PM by Steven Whale
  • Hello ,

This I believe was a bug that was resolved in a previous release and is often caused by (attempting to) changing the languages after a file has been added to the project.
    Please run an update on both Studio and MultiTerm to resolve the problem.
  • In reply to Steven Whale:

Thanks, Steven, for the quick response.
    I already did the "Check for Update" but there doesn't seem to be anything new out there.
    My current version is 15.1.2.48878
  • In reply to Angela Sigee:

Hello ,

Yes it would seem your system is up to date.
    Could you please create a new project - but BEFORE you add the files - can you select the languages and THEN add the files please.
    Does this make a difference?
  • In reply to Steven Whale:

I don't think that's it. I use templates with pre-defined languages (I translate EN>DE only). But I found that there seems to be something wrong with my templates: all but the Default template produce this error (even SDL Trados)

Related