Multiterm 2017 problem when merging terms

Hello everyone!

One of our translator has a problem with Multiterm

When she tries to merge some terms in one of our big termbases, after the merge some of the terms disappear.

We have tried uninstalling Multiterm and installing it again, and also installing different versions of Multiterm 2017 to see if it worked in any of them.

Her current Multiterm version is:

You can see an example of the problem in the screenshots below, after the merge the DE, IT, FR terms and one of the EN terms has disappeared too.

Do you know why this is happening and how we can fix it?

Thank you! :)

Before merge:

 

After merge:

2 Replies Latest Replies: 7 Feb 2019 1:38 PM by Ana-Loredana Gabur
  • Hi

    Do you know if your translator use the glossary converter?
    This is an old video but maybe worth checking the steps from this video using Glossary converter - www.youtube.com/watch

    The Glossary converter is a free app and you can download it from here - appstore.sdl.com/.../

    Hope the above helps
    BR
    Loredana
  • In reply to Ana-Loredana Gabur:

    Hi Loredana!

    Thank you for your response.

    I have actually created the termbase myself using Glossary Converter just like the video.
    The problem is that now we want to make some changes in the terms directly in Multiterm and it's doing weird things, like what I said in the main post, when we try to merge certain terms, some of the terms from the same entry from other languages disappear.
    Yesterday, instead of merging the terms, Multiterm was actually duplicating them.

    We have tried uninstalling Multiterm and installing different versions, but none of them work as we would like.

    When I have time, I'm going to try to create the glossary again from scratch in a different way, just to see if it works for some reason.

    Thank you anyways :).

    Best,
    Laura

Related