Create project package/return package?

Hello community,

I can't create project package or return package after complete translation. First, I created a Studio project from source files, translated and tried to create a project package or return package but both are inactive (grey color) in the menu bar and right click ones. I am using Trados Studio 2019 SR1 version and did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

Dukgyu

7 Replies Latest Replies: 14 Jan 2019 7:36 PM by Steven Whale < 1   2  >
  • Hello ,

The ability to create project packages (PPX) is restricted to the Professional version only.
    The creation of return packages (RPPX) is only possible, if you receive a PPX originally (from your client) and you need to return the project to your client.
    In your Freelance version, you are able to create your own packages- but you cannot export this as a package for another translator.
  • In reply to Steven Whale:

Thanks, Steven, What if clients want to get a project package for the translation? Sending a project file is enough or other files?
  • In reply to Dukgyu Lee:

Hello ,

It depends on what the client has asked for really.
    You can only sent a return package if you received a package in the first place.
    However, it is worth noting the RPPX will only contain the translated SDLXLIFF file- no other resources are normally in the package.
    Generally most clients will just want the translated SDLXLIFF file and /orTarget file in the original format.
    Some may however require the updated project TM.
    Best just to speak to your client to check
  • In reply to Steven Whale:

Thanks so much, Steven

• Maybe two things:

1. Only the Professional version can be used to create a Project Package

2. If you created the project then you can’t create a return package

So if you used source files to create the project then why would you need a return package anyway?
< 1   2  >
Related