How can we penalize the segments already pretranslated in the sdlxliff files that are not in memory?

I would like to know if we can penalize the segments already pretranslated in the sdlxliff files by our customer that are not in memory, so that we can give priority to our TMs.

These are the steps we are following: 

1. We create a new project with all the SDLXLIFF files adding our own TMs to the new project.
  2. There are segments in these SDLXLIFF files which are already pretranslated by our customer. So, we apply a filter to search all the segments with a 100 % match and change their status to “draft”.
  3. After that we select the option “Pretranslate” to pretranslate the whole project using our TMs. And here is the problem: the segments pretranslated by our customer are selected rather than the translated segments of our own TMs.
Parents
  • Hello

When you are pre-translating the documents, could you please confirm what settings you use?
    Because with the below setting - Always overwrite existing translations - you can replace the legacy translations in the file with the matching content of your TM:

However, as a former project manager, this process raises a few questions for me.
    - Is maybe your customer pre-translating the files you receive because they would like you to keep those translations?
    - If not, could you ask them not to use pre-translation? That would save time for both you and the customer.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Best wishes
    Greta

Greta Magyar - Customer Success Consultant - SDL

• Hello

When you are pre-translating the documents, could you please confirm what settings you use?
    Because with the below setting - Always overwrite existing translations - you can replace the legacy translations in the file with the matching content of your TM:

However, as a former project manager, this process raises a few questions for me.
    - Is maybe your customer pre-translating the files you receive because they would like you to keep those translations?
    - If not, could you ask them not to use pre-translation? That would save time for both you and the customer.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Best wishes
    Greta

Greta Magyar - Customer Success Consultant - SDL

Children
No Data