Problem with mixed segments in Trados

Hello,

We have a strange problem that appeared since we updated Groupshare to CU11.
Segments in Trados have numbers, e.g., 1,2,3,4,...,20,21,22 etc.

In the middle of the file later there are missing segments from for example from 5th to 19th and when this happens the file is useless even though you can update the main translation memory without any problems - the Word file doesn't want to open after that. Before upgrading to CU11 we did not have this problem. It happens at least once a week in different projects and to different users.

As an example below there is another type of that bug - the file starts with 110, 111, 112 and then there appear 1,2,3,4... They are mixed and the final file that is exported to e.g. .docx file doesn't work at all.

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing segment numbers out of order, starting with 110, 111, 112 followed by 1, 2, 3, 4. The status column shows a mix of 'CM' and percentages indicating translation progress.

Is there any possibility to fix that?

Thank you and i will be happy for any kind of support.
BR,

Paweł Jaroch
IT & Technical Support Deputy Manager
it@bireta.pl

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:47 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi ,

I am sorry for a really late reply.
    I would like you to move this ticket to the Groupshare forum if it is not a problem and if you think it will be more efficient.

How is the file/project prepared:

Usually if its PDF - we use OCR application to switch it to .docx
    Then it depends of the form of switched file. Sometimes it needs a complex polishment.
    But in usual we delete double-spaces, hide the stuff that doesn't need to be translated, fix the fonts, tables, pages, intervals etc.

Then we:
    1. Create a new project in Trados 2019 based on the templates (for example EN->PL).
    2. Add files, add TM and MT, add termbases, create a project on GS, set batch tasks and finish
    3. After the project is finished our Project Management assign the translators for each phase and they await for any updates from translators

And of course then our translators have a problem with mixed segments, which are seen as I shown before.

Thank you for your support and I believe we can figure it out somehow
    Pawel

• Hi - Have you managed to figure this one? If not, let's try a few things. Does the same thing happen if you prepare your project with a file-based TM and not a GroupShare TM (and not publish the project to GroupShare). So basically eliminate GroupShare from the question. Reason I am asking is because when you create a project in Studio, Studio does the segmentation of the file. Some of the segmentation rules could come from the TM you are using indeed. Does this happen with regular DOCX files that were not converted from PDF? Does it happen with all the PDF files that you converted to DOCX? You can attach maybe a sample DOCX file that has this behaviour and we can give it a try, but please answer all the questions above :) Thank you.