Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have been experiencing a problem with my Trados Studio 2019: in the Editor, the terminology recognition window doesn't show in all projects the terms contained in the TBs I created, but only those I downloaded from the SDL AppStore (such as Microsoft Euro-Languages Terminology Collection). Even if I try to activate and then deactivate the TB, to restart Trados, or to set my TB as "Standard", I don't see my terms at all in the term recognition window (regardless how long the sentence to be translated is). On the left, in the termbase viewer, I can see that my TB is open, but I can only visualize the first two terms (despite the fact that my TB contains hundreds of terms). I also tried to reorganize my TBs, but in vain.
Sometimes, the term recognition windows shows TBs that my colleagues (and ex admin of the Trados I use) created, but not mine.
What could be the problem?
Hi Livia Martinelli,
Can you please check that you have both Studio and Multiterm updated to the latest builds?
For Studio 2019 SR2 CU8: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2019SR2
For Multiterm 2019 CU6: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-MultiTerm2019
Have you tried adding new terms on the fly, using "quick add new term" and "Add new term"? What happens then, do you see the terms added in the Termbase viewer?
In Project Settings>Termbase>Search Settings, check the settings you have there, set the minimum match value lower and the search depth higher, see if you get more results.
Finally, go to View tab -top menu- select "Reset window layout" and check again if you have the terms appear in the Termbase Viewer.
Also, you can try to export the terminology to an Excel sheet then import it back in a new termbase then add this new one to the project.
Let me know if all the above do the trick!
thank you very much for your answer.
I tried to do "In Project Settings>Termbase>Search Settings, check the settings you have there, set the minimum match value lower and the search depth higher, see if you get more results." and this is what I set:
Now, something quite strange happened:
as to the segments were I know that the translated term is present in my TB, now this term is marked in red (which is great). However, when I take a look at the term recognition window, the name of the TB is visualized indeed, but no terms are shown:
(I added the red mark since I prefer not to make the whole name public)
What could have gone wrong?
Unfortunately, "Reset Window Layout" doesn't help.
As to your other suggestions, this is what I did:
Both uploads had already been done.
When I try to add a new term, it works. I set my TB as "Standard" in the project settings, so the new terms are correctly added in my TB. Sometimes it happened that a term was already present in my TB, so when I added it again, the message "this term is already present, do you like to add it again?" (or something similar) appeared. Although it was already present, it wasn't marked in red. As already mentioned, only the terms from other TBs were marked.
Excel import and export had already been done (this was originally a txt. glossary that has then been converted in Excel and then imported in a Trados TB.
Can you please also confirm the Studio and Multiterm versions you have?
Trados Studio 2019 and Multiterm 2019
I meant the full updated versions. To see that please go to Help tab - in the top ribbon- then select "About SDL Trados Studio". And the same for Multiterm.
SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 - 22.214.171.12407
SDL Multiterm 2019 - 126.96.36.199482
So yes, full updated...
Please try a Studio and Multiterm repair:
Let me know how it goes please!
Hi, I tried and... now something even more strange happened: I can't see the terms in the other TBs either... Or better:
No terms are show. When I click on the TB names (that is "... Termbase" and "... EN-ES") one term each is visualized. The relative segment, however, contains at least 15/20 terms that are in those glossaries (I know it because they are marked in red). "... Termbase" is the TB a former colleague of mine create, while "... EN-ES" is mine. For this project, I've activated another TB as well (from SDL AppStore). However, it has completely disappeared from the Term Recognition Window (although I know for sure that some terms are contained in that TB).
Anyway, I noticed that this problem only applies to this very project, in the others everything seems to work how it should.