Delete specific range target segments

Good morning everybody,

Is there a way to delete target segments within a specific range only?
E.g., in a document with 1000 segments, delete target segments from 100 to 150, whether draft or confirmed.

Thank you

Parents
  • Hi

There are so many ways to go about this, as there are some really good apps for this sort of job on the RWS App Store.

If this is a bit of a one off, I would personally rely on "built" in functionality all be it a bit mouse click heavy. 

Please try the followng:

1. Open file in Editor view
    2. Ctrl+G and get "Go To" pop up window
    3. At Number specify what is the first segment  - you mentioned 100

4. Ensure the segment (9 in my case) is active with the blue   

5. Shift and click to last segment - you mentioned 150
    6. See how "chunck" is highlighted in yellow (segment 9-15 in my case)

** Depending on how these targeted segments are defined - you could perhaps filter for them using the Advanced Display Filter

7. Regardless, this is the tricky part, right click ONLY at the segment column in order to keep the selection

8. You will get now get an option to "Change Segment Status"

I hope I understood your question properly and this helps

Lydia 

• Just for the sake of completeness, you can also set the "Select next row" and "Select previous row" keyboards shortcuts under "FIle / Options / Keyboard shortcuts". I have mine set to Ctrl+Alt+Down/Ctrl+Alt+Up, respectively. You can then easily select all necessary rows with just the keyboard and press Alt+Del to clear them (or Alt + H + U + R to mark them as rejected, etc.).

• Just for the sake of completeness, you can also set the "Select next row" and "Select previous row" keyboards shortcuts under "FIle / Options / Keyboard shortcuts". I have mine set to Ctrl+Alt+Down/Ctrl+Alt+Up, respectively. You can then easily select all necessary rows with just the keyboard and press Alt+Del to clear them (or Alt + H + U + R to mark them as rejected, etc.).

Children
No Data