Hello, I had Studio 2011 on one computer and I have upgraded to Studio 2015 Freelance Plus thinking I will soon install it on a 2nd computer. However until now I have used it only on one computer. I just bought a new compter and I'm going to upgrade my old computer with Studio 2019 Freelance Plus and install Studio 2019 as well on my new computer. I will use primarily my new computer and keep my old one as a backup. Waiting September to have a discount for Studio 2019 Freelance Plus.
My question is: on my new computer shall I install the Studio 2015 Freelance Plus (I think on the Vendor Portal I still have one remaining licence) and upgrade later to Studio 2019, or should I wait September and install directly Studio 2019 on it (will it be considred as an upgrade ? or should I buy one upgrade for the old computer and a full licence for the new computer ?)
Hello Marie-Christine Nguyen Vanho ,
After checking your account, the good news is, you already have an upgrade available to Studio 2017 through the PSA (support contract) that you had in 2015. This meant that when we released Studio 2017 in Nov 2016- you were entitled to a FREE upgrade (benefits of PSA).
Therefore, you simply need to process the upgrade in your account- and then you can upgrade from 2017- instead of having to buy a new licence (saving money).
As you have the FL PLUS version, you are entitled to install the software on two machines.
I would therefore suggest, once you have processed the upgrade in your account-
You can install 2017 on both computers- then upgrade to 2019 and install that too on the same PC's
Although its always a good idea to have a back up PC - Microsoft ceases all support for Windows 7 from January 2020 and that we are (SDL) ourselves will no longer maintain support or provide application for W7 machines.
Great news ! I will install Studio 2017 directly on my new PC this week-end then. As for my old PC (Windows 8 is installed on it so it's fine) I will wait September to upgarde to Studio 2017 as I'm still working on a project on GroupShare and I don't want to lose everything or create any incompatibility.