'The translation memory or TM container appears to be missing and may have been deleted' error

Hello,

My SDL Trados 2019 is in French but I prefer to send my message in English to accelerate the process if possible.

So when translating a document with a TM, once in a while, and suddenly for no reason, I receive this message 

'The translation memory or TM container appears to be missing and may have been deleted' error

It almost always happen at the end of my document, so then I cannot continue the translation and cannot save the file (Fichier indépendant introuvable/Independent file not found and Fichier source introuvable/Source file not found). I tried to reinitialize SDL but it did not change anything. It's very annoying because you cannot trust Trados as it can crash anytime when you are in the middle of your work. How can I fix that once and for all ASAP?

I think you have already my email, but in case it's roy61@videotreon.ca

Thanks

André Roy, M.A. trad., certified translator

  • Hello ,

    This issue seems to have the solution provided here:

    https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000014261 

    Please check it and let us know if it works alright!

    Regards,

  • Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem, the TM I use are not imported from previous versions of Trados. They are all updated (the Upgrade Translation Memory option is grayed). And the Power Pack seems to work only with Trados 2021, since I have Trados 2019 I cannot use it, I'm not sure anymore if I want to upgrade, because this problem is recurrent, and I don't want to pay again for an upgrade and still have the problem with the 2021 Version. Is there a way to solve this issue one and for all? Honestly, it's very annoying when you don't know when Studio will crach again, and I'm thinking about using another Translation Tool. Thanks anyway for your help.

  • Hello ,

    What is the full version of your Studio 2019? Please check it in Help tab>"About SDL Trados Studio".

    Where do you keep your TMs, are they all local or in a shared/cloud space?

    It almost always happen at the end of my document, so then I cannot continue the translation and cannot save the file

    Can you test the complete workflow - opening a doc, finishing it all, then save it immediately- and see if the issue is still there? So you don't leave the machine in stand-by or sleep mode.

    In addition, check that your antivirus and/or other cleaning apps (CCleaner etc) don't run in the background or while the machine is in sleep mode, so that they delete the temp files.

    Regards,

  • The version is SDL Trados Studio 2019 ER2 - 15.2.8.3007

    All my TMs are in the same folder in my PC and they all come from the same provider (Government of Canada).

    Also, I did some test (complete workflow) and the issue is still there, and actually at this stage sometimes I cannot even save the file and I receive the message File not found. And, when I use the tool, the machine (PC) is never in sleep mode, so I don't think that the antivirus is the cause. I must specify also that this issue doesn't happen all the time, but maybe 1 of 7 texts, which is even more annoying because I never know when it will happen again. I had to refuse requests form GC for this reason, as the risk is too high. Thanks.