Hello Paul,Term recognitin is not working in SDL Trados 2017 SR1 (freelance), but terms are fine in Multiterm Termbase and in Termbaseviewer.Configuration: Windows 7 SP1, SDL Trados 2017 SR1 (freelance) and SDL Multiterm 2017 have the latest updates installed.Term recognition is not working and Terms ARE NOT lined red in the source.
If i try to add the same term again using 'add new term or quick add new term', Trados says "this term is already present in the termbase. Do you want to edit an existing entry?"I have done:(1) Resetting window layout(2) Deleting and renaming settings file/respective folders of SDL Trados and Multiterm(3) Tested different termbases(4) Reorganising the termbase and even checked the language variants(5) Used Excel glossary plugin tooI have almost tried ALL solutions provided in this website and other sites too.Languages: Tamil (One of Indian languages) to English (United States) translationWhen Tamil is a source language, the term recognition DOES NOT work.When English is a source language, the term recognition WORKS without any problem.Please provide a suitable resolution for this issue.Thank you in advance Mr. Paul.Regards,Govindarajan.P.S.,French and Tamil translator,India.
Hello Govindarajan P.S.
I tested this in 2017 SR1 and it does work, but you have to be careful about how you set your termbase up. For example, I tested these three:
Note the language codes as these represent the following:
ta(IN) - Tamil (India)
en(US) - English (United States)
ta - Tamil
en - English
When you create your termbase you can specify the full language code with the variant, or just the main language code. You should not mix them, and I think this is what you did. If I use the first one which is default in my list and activated, I get this:
Now, I said you should not mix this and I always recommend people use fully qualified for all languages, or only the main languages. However, in this case ONLY using the fully qualified languages works. So you need to specify the specific flavour of Tamil when creating your termbase to match that of the Studio project and the specific flavour of English.
Try that and see if it helps.
Hi Govindarajan P.S.
I'm afraid there has been no progress on this in MultiTerm. Our development number is CRQ-13004. The problem is caused by the MultiTerm fuzzy search not working correctly for Unicode languages and only a normal search is performed. This returns hits when the segment consists of only one word that is in the termbase as we saw in my far too simple initial test but not for full sentences. It seems this item has been under investigation for many years with little progress because the effort is not trivial and it never gets prioritised over other things.
However, if you import your termbase into the SDL Language Cloud termbase which you do have access to then you'll find it works:
So my recommendation to you would be to stop using MultiTerm for your terminology and only use SDL Language Cloud. You can export your termbase definition and your termbase contents as MultiTerm XML from MultiTerm and import them into a new termbase in Language Cloud.