I have just updated SDL MultiTerm 2019 to version 188.8.131.52976 and SDLTrados Studio 2019 SR1 to version 184.108.40.206768.
Now, when I try to add a new term to Multiterm from inside the editor window, the following error message appears:
...and you guessed it correctly, the new term is not added to the termbase.
This has thrown a wrench into my productivity. I am in the middle of a demanding medical project and I cannot even add a new term.
I am really tired of these half-baked updates being pushed onto paying customers and breaking the product with which we work on a daily basis.
Hi Pavel Tsvetkov
I was able to reproduce this, but if you update your Studio as well (CU 3), this will not occur anymore.
On my end, the problem was solved by repairing both Mutiterm and Studio, and restarting the computer. Now, I still consider this a problem introduced by SDL, as both Multiterm and Studio had been updated when they asked for it, and all steps were followed through, but I still ran into problems
You should either fix your update packages or your update procedure, including instructions on what should follow what, if needed.
Just saying: this is a huge waste of everybody's time, including yours.
Hi Pavel Tsvetkov
It is sometimes an unavoidable symptom when updating software that something already on the PC setup may trigger some sort of malfunction/incompatibility that means it doesn't work as it should do.
This doesn't only happen with Studio, it happens with other Windows-based software too. The most frequent reason for a software malfunction I find is a large Windows update. That's what Windows Repair was designed to resolve so as far as I'm concerned, it's an unavoidable occurrence from the various software developers' perspective. They cannot know precisely what everyone's individual setup is going to be composed of.
It happens to me with Microsoft Office software too. Office has its own two-level repair facility that it is useful to run now and then.
All the best,
Thank you, Ali!
You're welcome, Pavel Tsvetkov