I am running Studio and Multiterm 2017 on Windows 10. I have read the existing articles on my issue(s), but have been unable to resolve the problem.
After a recent software update, it became impossible to open Multiterm Desktop, although the connection to Studio was still working and I was able to see terminology. Today, Multiterm stopped finding terms that I know are in the TB. When I try to do a Quick Add of an existing term while Studio, I also get the message that the term is already in the TB, but when I search for the term or open a segment containing a term that I know is in the termbase, nothing shows up.
Opening Multiterm directly was still not possible. There are no Advanced Options shown for any of the SDL products under Apps & Features, so I don't have a Repair option. I therefore uninstalled and reinstalled Multiterm 2017 from the previously downloaded installation file. I can now open the program, but terms are still not found while I work in Studio. Also, when I try to open a termbase file on my computer (no server connection requested), I get the error " A connection to SDL Multiterm Server unknown could not be established". I have read existing articles about this issue, I have tried reinstalling from the individual msi files, and renaming the Multiterm folder and restarting the software. Nothing has worked.
Also, while I trying to figure out this problem, I noticed that SDL Multiterm 2017 SR1 - Remove suite of Products shows up under Apps & Features in Windows, but I don't see the application in the Start menu and cannot find it with a search.
Multiterm version after reinstall is 14.1.2441.0
Studio version is 14.1.10015.44945
Hello Sylvia Benner ,
This sounds as though your Multiterm and Studio versions need updating.
The current latest version for Studio 2017 is
and MultiTerm 2017
Simply open Studio (and MultiTerm) and go to HELP
Then reboot your PC- the problem should then be resolved.
Thanks for the suggestion. I updated Studio, but it says it's now at SR 1 14.10017.54660.
The problem persists, however. Interestingly, while no terms are displayed in the termbase while working in Studio, I do occasionally get auto complete term suggestions, but not consistently. The Update option is grayed on Multiterm.