Detecting language please wait for.......
I need to split a huge termbase we received from a client (the size is approx. 1,4 GB).
Using it as it is slows down the workflow of many linguists using older or weaker machines.
For this reason I saved the definition file from the existing termbase and created a new one using it.
I removed the excessive languages and left only two. Then I tried importing the export of the source termbase but zero entries were imported.
Please see part of the log file:
Import log information General information: Import definition name: Default import definition Termbase name: XXX XXXX Import file: C:\Users\user\Desktop\XXX XXXX\!Export\Export.xml Import log file: C:\Users\user\Desktop\XXX XXXX\!Split\xx-XX_yy-YY\import.log Exclusion file: C:\Users\user\Desktop\XXX XXXX\!Split\xx-XX_yy-YY\excl.xcl Allow over-complete entries: false Allow incomplete entries: true Ignore sub-languages: true Full reorganization: false Import Options: Import all entries: Add import entry as new Original Entry Number Action Entry Number in Termbase 1 Does not conform to the target termbase definition. Reason: Source: […]Total entries processed: 0 Total entries added: 0 Total entries merged: 0 Total entries omitted: 0 Total entries written to the output file: 0
Can you please help with this?
I tried with different import settings (i.e. with full reorganization, allowed over-complete entries) but unfortunately the result was the same.
Any ideas what might be wrong?
FYI, I am using Multiterm 2015 on Win 10 64-bit machine.
Save the database definition as you did, remove unnecessary languages creating definitions per language pair.
Now open the source TB and EXPORT each language pair into an individual file. Then you create…
Hi Dimmo,this SDL knowledge base article explains the partial export which is mentioned by Jerzy:https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000007489
You should add the "Any field" at…
Thank you!!!It worked!
When I want to do this, I drag the .sd.tb termbase file from Windows Explorer to Glossary Converter to create an Excel file. Then I delete the language columns I don't want then I rename and drag the Excel file to Glossary Converter and it makes a smaller faster .sdltb termbase.
To download Glossary Converter from the SDL AppStore and find out how to use it, go here:
Click on Download and then select the version of Studio you need it for.
The page also has instructions and screenshots to show how to use it.
I also like to export termbases that have duplicates, re-order them alphabetically in Excel, delete the duplicates then convert them back.
It's a very useful piece of kit developed by Gerhard Kordmann - It works really well!
All the best,
I have used Glossary Converter and it is indeed a great tool for simple termbases.The one we have is much more complicated and I would like to keep it's original structure. Not sure this can be done with Glossary Converter, tbh.
Now open the source TB and EXPORT each language pair into an individual file. Then you create TBs for these language pairs and import the partial exports in each language pair. Otherwise it will not work - as you have overdefined entries and after importing the whole xml each language pair TB would contain ALL languages, just showing only two.
You should add the "Any field" at the entry level and term level as well, not only on the language level as shown in the illustration.