Input models in Studio version of Multiterm (not desktop); keyboard shorcut to select picklist values; mandatory field not working with default layout

Hello, I have three questions for you.

1- If a translator doesn´t have the desktop version of Multiterm but can still use termbases from within Studio, is there any way he can create and use Input models to have some value fields preselected? If not, is there any other way to create input models in that scenario?

2- In the same scenario above (no desktop version of Multiterm), I´ve noticed that when you have a termbase with a mandatory field, you can still create term records without including the mandatory field when you use the Default layout. The mandatory field only works when you use the other layouts. Is that the way it´s supposed to work? Is there any way to make that field also mandatory in the default layout? 

3- Is there any keyboard shorcut to select picklist values? With D you can add a descriptive field and with T you can add a term field but when you have a picklist value, I can´t find any way to select a value other than scroll down the list and that select the value with the mouse. This process can be quite tedious and discouraging when you have a mandatory field with a picklist value of almost 200 options (clients or subject fields). It could be great if, at the very least, you could move to the first letter of the field label by inserting it.

Thank you in advance.

Parents
  • All good questions... I'm copying  in case he knows any tricks here.  But I think the answers are these:

1- If a translator doesn´t have the desktop version of Multiterm but can still use termbases from within Studio, is there any way he can create and use Input models to have some value fields preselected? If not, is there any other way to create input models in that scenario?

No. You need to have MultiTerm installed to do this and it can only be done in MultiTerm.

2- In the same scenario above (no desktop version of Multiterm), I´ve noticed that when you have a termbase with a mandatory field, you can still create term records without including the mandatory field when you use the Default layout. The mandatory field only works when you use the other layouts. Is that the way it´s supposed to work? Is there any way to make that field also mandatory in the default layout? 

I'm not surprised by this, and it's most likely a bug. The default layout is useful for the simplest of tasks and with simple termbases not making use of all the more interesting functionality in MultiTerm.

3- Is there any keyboard shorcut to select picklist values? With D you can add a descriptive field and with T you can add a term field but when you have a picklist value, I can´t find any way to select a value other than scroll down the list and that select the value with the mouse. This process can be quite tedious and discouraging when you have a mandatory field with a picklist value of almost 200 options (clients or subject fields). It could be great if, at the very least, you could move to the first letter of the field label by inserting it.

I don't think there is one.  You can get close using tab and enter keys but then you can only use the up and down arrows to select the one you want.  Indeed... tedious.

Probably worth adding this to http://ideas.sdl.com

Reply Children
No Data