add server based translation memory

I'm using cat tools for the first time (Trados 2019 ). i created a new project and i want to use google translate or Trados server based memory .when I opened server- based translation memory, i was asket to sign in, I entered my username and password but the attched message appeared . what was wrong?

Top Replies

• Maybe nothing wrong... but you might be short of some information.

1. To use Google translate you will need to set up an account with Google since this is a paid service
    2. to use Trados server…
Parents

1. To use Google translate you will need to set up an account with Google since this is a paid service
    2. to use Trados server based memory I assume you have access to a GroupShare server?

On the latter point in particular, if you do have access to a GroupShare instance then the message is clear.  Please contact your server administrator and make sure you have been set up as a user in GroupShare with the appropriate credentials to access a Translation Memory.

2. to use Trados server based memory I assume you have access to a GroupShare server?

On the latter point in particular, if you do have access to a GroupShare instance then the message is clear.  Please contact your server administrator and make sure you have been set up as a user in GroupShare with the appropriate credentials to access a Translation Memory.

Children
  • Good morning Mr. Paul. Apologies for the late reply, it was the holiday of Eid al-Fitr. Thank you for your kind reply,  I got the first point. As for the second one, I contacted my server administrator, and the answer was GroupShare (as the name suggests) is a paid service for virtual teams who need to work on/share the same TM, the individual freelancers, like myself,  usually use the TMs they creat during working on Trados.  Now as a freelancer I am looking for a way to access Trados TM other than the above-mentioned group share. could you please advise?