Detecting language please wait for.......
I'm trying to add new terms to a new TB. When clicking Ctrl+F2 to create a new entry from the Editor, both terms (Source and Target) are included in the Source language (in my Project, both terms are included in the Spanish language, instead of creating a Spanish-English entry). This has never happened before. What am I doing wrong?
I use SDL Studio 2019, and today I've downloaded and installed Service Pack 2.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Also a good idea to check that the languages are correctly mapped:
Hello Patricia Frete,
Would you be able to share a screenshot of your Termbase definition please, and also let us know, the specific languages used in the project.
We should then be able to see what might be happening.
It's a simple bilingual glossary I created as usually. It does not have to do with the TB itself. I was up all night trying to work it out and something happened when I installed the SP2. As you see in my pic, there are extra pairs in my language combinations, even a Spanish International Sort to Spanish US that I did not have in my options and never used.
At a point, I could not even use my TM and opted to work with the AnyTM option. By doing that, I could manage to Add New Terms as usual, but now I don't know what happened.
If you have any spare time and would like to check it, I'll be more than grateful to know what could possibly have happened.
Have a lovey weekend,
This looks like your problem:
This language pair is Spanish to Spanish. Not Spanish to English. Double check that you haven't used this without realising.
Yes, I checked that... and they were correct. Curiously, I had to change the pair English (assigned to the proyect) to English (assigned to the TB) because Studio offered me English (project) to Spanish (TB) and the problem started. This had never happened to me before. I've been using SDL Trados for more than 10 years now. I just can't understand what happened.Thank you for the reply
Yes, Paul. I noticed that, but again, I've never used that combination and it was not among my language pairs before installing the SP2. That's odd.
Does this mean you're sorted now?
Yes, Paul. As I mentioned in my reply to Steven Whale, I sorted out by using my TM as AnyTM. I don't know whether that's a solution, but now I'm adding terms to my TB. Still, I don't know what I did wrong or what happened.
I really apreciate your message.
Patricia Frete said:I sorted out by using my TM as AnyTM.
This also points towards your project languages not being what you think they are. One possibility, and I've seen this before, is that you managed to add these additional language pairs to your default template and now every time you create a project you get multiple language pairs in the project. Then when you double click the project you are taken to the files view and you just open up the files without checking to see which target language is actually being used. But you may be opening up the ES to ES language pair and not even realising it.
I have the feeling that I did something wrong when installing the SP2. I usually use only two language pairs: en-US>sp-EM and sp-EM>en-US. I can't think of a time when the Spanish into Spanish variant was added (it makes no sense). What can I say... fortunately, I was able to continue working.Thank you very much.Have a nice weekend.Pat
Main thing is you are now working happily again.