SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados GroupShare
SDL Trados Business Manager
SDL Trados Live
SDL Speech to Text
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
SDL LiveContent S1000D
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL Tridion Docs
SDL Tridion Sites
SDL Content Assistant
SDL Machine Translation Cloud
SDL Machine Translation Connectors
SDL Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
SDL User Experience
Language Products - GCS Internal Community
SDL Community Internal Group
SDL Access Customer Portal
SDL Professional Services
Language Technology Partner Group
SDL Academic Partners
SDL Enterprise Technology Partners
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic SDL Tridion Docs User Group
SDL Tridion UK Meetup
SDL Tridion User Group New England
SDL Tridion West Coast User Group
SDL WorldServer User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
SDL MultiTerm Ideas
SDL Passolo Ideas
SDL Trados GroupShare Ideas
SDL Trados Studio Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Cloud Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Edge Ideas
SDL Language Cloud TMS Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
SDL TMS Ideas
SDL WorldServer Ideas
SDL Tridion Docs Ideas
SDL Tridion Sites Ideas
SDL LiveContent S1000D Ideas
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL XPP Ideas
Events & Webinars
To SDL Documentation
To SDL Support
To SDL Training
Training & Certification
What's New in SDL
Detecting language please wait for.......
I'm trying to add new terms to a new TB. When clicking Ctrl+F2 to create a new entry from the Editor, both terms (Source and Target) are included in the Source language (in my Project, both terms are included in the Spanish language, instead of creating a Spanish-English entry). This has never happened before. What am I doing wrong?
I use SDL Studio 2019, and today I've downloaded and installed Service Pack 2.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Also a good idea to check that the languages are correctly mapped:
Yes, I checked that... and they were correct. Curiously, I had to change the pair English (assigned to the proyect) to English (assigned to the TB) because Studio offered me English (project) to Spanish (TB) and the problem started. This had never happened to me before. I've been using SDL Trados for more than 10 years now. I just can't understand what happened.Thank you for the reply
Does this mean you're sorted now?
Yes, Paul. As I mentioned in my reply to Steven Whale, I sorted out by using my TM as AnyTM. I don't know whether that's a solution, but now I'm adding terms to my TB. Still, I don't know what I did wrong or what happened.
I really apreciate your message.
Patricia Frete said:I sorted out by using my TM as AnyTM.
This also points towards your project languages not being what you think they are. One possibility, and I've seen this before, is that you managed to add these additional language pairs to your default template and now every time you create a project you get multiple language pairs in the project. Then when you double click the project you are taken to the files view and you just open up the files without checking to see which target language is actually being used. But you may be opening up the ES to ES language pair and not even realising it.
I have the feeling that I did something wrong when installing the SP2. I usually use only two language pairs: en-US>sp-EM and sp-EM>en-US. I can't think of a time when the Spanish into Spanish variant was added (it makes no sense). What can I say... fortunately, I was able to continue working.Thank you very much.Have a nice weekend.Pat
Main thing is you are now working happily again.