Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 18.104.22.16849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 22.214.171.124482, both u`pdated to the latest versions
For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:
But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:
How can I solve this problem?
Hi Samanta Ingrid Schneider, John Fry, ADOLFO BENEYTO,
As a starting point, if you open the termbase in MultiTerm, click on 'Termbase Management' then on 'Reorganize', you might find this problem will be…
Hello, as I am currently facing a similar problem, I found this article on your platform. Termbase is existing, activated in the project, but does not suggest any entries anylonger (using SDL Studio 2017…
This often happens to me too. To fix it I just quit Studio and restart it. Then the term recognition window starts working again.
This happens to me very often too, and I fix it also quitting Studio and restarting it. It used to happen also with Studio 2019. Sometimes I need to do this more than 10 times a day, so it is very upsetting and time-consuming. There should be a quicker solution, like a "Termbase revival" button, or, if it is a Studio bug, it should have been corrected by now, but Studio developers seem to ignore this problem. (I am using Studio 2021)
As a starting point, if you open the termbase in MultiTerm, click on 'Termbase Management' then on 'Reorganize', you might find this problem will be eliminated, see below...
Then click OK:
Then click 'Close' on the Reorganize Termbase dialog, then close MultiTerm.
This should help...
All the best,
If that procedure doesn't solve the problem, you may need to run a Windows Repair of Studio and MultiTerm, as described here:
Repairing your installation of SDL Trados Studio
Repairing your installation of SDL MultiTerm Desktop
The repair function in Windows is particularly useful if there's been a large OEM software update or a Windows update.
I hope this helps,
Thank you Alison. I will try next time I have this problem with a termbase. I hope it does not affect the Termbase validity (some of my Termbases have an expiration date)
Hi ADOLFO BENEYTO,
As far as I am aware, the 'Reorganize' function should not change any termbase settings. It smooths the data so it runs more efficiently, e.g. by removing blank numbers left by deleted entries.
Hi Ali. Thanks also for this tip!
Thanks a lot, Ali! All the best to you too!
Thank you! You're very welcome
It worked! Thank you very much for your help! Now I can work mor comfortably.
Have a beautiful day!
Samanta Ingrid Schneider
Very glad to hear it worked for you
You have a beautiful day too!
Hi Samanta. Which one has worked for you? The "Termbase Management/Reorganize" function or the "Windows Repair of Studio and MultiTerm"? Thanks!
I definitely think that this a clear and present issue (existing terms not showing in "term recognition" in Studio 2021, 2019) is simply a programming issue in Studio. Your termbases are most likely in good shape. I think you need not "reorganize" or do anything with your termbases. That is simply a waste of time. On related topics, I am certain that SDL Studio and SDL MultiTerm have limited capabilities to deal with SDL termbases, for instance, searching a termbase is usually a slow and not always fruitful process. That is the reason why, of necessity, I created Tb-Scout v2.0 (version 1.0 was released back in 2017). I did not just complaint, I created an effective and practical solution (that is my style of work, in general): https://tbscout20.translationist.com/. Try this, just one of the many evidences I have to my claim. Open SDL MultiTerm Desktop, open a termbase, one with, say, 30,000 terms, run an "Advanced Search" and look for duplicates. SDL MultiTerm Desktop may take minutes to complete the task and then finally show a crammed list, whereas with Tb-Scout v2.0 it will only take a few seconds (seconds!) and will provide you with a neat and clickable list that will land on that term directly in SDL MultiTerm Desktop.
Hi Adolfo. The reorganize function worked, now I can see terms that were not displayed before the reorganisation. But I must say that errors are still occuring, for example when I try to enter a new term and I had to quit and restart several times. But the original issue was fixed with the reorganisation function. Best regards!
Thanks Samanta! I have not tried yet. I will try next time it occurs. The termbase I am using now is behaving properly, but it is a small termbase. I think this happens mainly with large termbases. Best regards!